Hey guys, after a few weeks of hardwork and delays, i finally got my guitar. Ibanez RG350DX, pretty awesome. But my amp got delayed due to backorder, and im eager to play/learn as soon as i can, because its summer and all. So i have an option of changing my order to another amp thats in stock, any recommendations, the amp i ordered was Ibanez TB25R, its $160 canadian. I was browsing the site and i seen the Behringer V Tone GM110 Guitar Combo Amplifier, i believe its 30w and a little cheaper then my amp. There isnt alot of reviews for it, so im asking for your help. Thanks
you're suggesting an MG?

you sick, sick man
SMALL CLONE of the EHX User's Guild

Quote by Ishiga
NOSOUPFORYOU.

Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
this is barely a question. only an idiot would buy a zune.
Quote by cherub_rocker07
you're suggesting an MG?

you sick, sick man

I was thinking the same thing...all it has is the Marshall name...
you should go to local pawnshops.

i got my vintage Kustom in a pawnshop for $150, and it has never failed me

PS-Marshall MG series amps are the worst.

Quote by Ishiga
NOSOUPFORYOU.

Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
Quote by cherub_rocker07
you're suggesting an MG?

you sick, sick man

Whats wrong with em'?

I don't get the hate for MG's.

I don't have one, (I have a pretty old G3OR CD marshal combo) but I have played them, they are great I think.
John Petrucci

The one and only god.
If you were happy with what you ordered before, I'd suggest you just wait for that to come in. No point spending your money on something you might regret buying just to save some time.

Also if you're just starting/learning (which is what your original message implied), you really don't need an amp anyway. Most of the exercises and stuff you should practise as a beginner don't require an amp at all (and in fact it can be better for some people to play unplugged when starting out, as it can at times be easier to tell when you're messing up - this is especially the case for people who have muddy amps which might hide any mistakes them make, tricking them into thinking they're playing fine).

Wait for your amp to come in, stick with that. It's not going to kill you to wait, and you'll probably be happier in the long run.
Quote by King_Arthur
Whats wrong with em'?

I don't get the hate for MG's.

I don't have one, (I have a pretty old G3OR CD marshal combo) but I have played them, they are great I think.

You just got a free ticket onto the Failboat! All ABOARD!!!

Rolands are very esteemed on this site to be a great SS amp.
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Fender American FSR Mahog. Chambered Tele 60th
Fender Mexican Strat SD Hot Rails Br/Ne
Fender Hot Rod Deville 4x10
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
Last edited by Useful_Idiot16 at Jul 19, 2007,
aww man, they are just so so bad.

they're unreliable, they don't sound good, they only have 2 sounds, distorted, and not distorted, DSP reverb instead of spring, the list goes on and on

EDIT-i was talking about the MG's still

Quote by Ishiga
NOSOUPFORYOU.

Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
Last edited by cherub_rocker07 at Jul 19, 2007,
Haven't tried any cubes but they are supposed to be pretty good. and nice deal on that behringer^^2X30
the roland cubes get good reviews around here.

USD and Canadian Dollar are about equal now, so Epiphone Valve Junior Combo should be an option at $150

if they aren't backordered

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Valve-Junior-Combo-Amp?sku=480260

Quote by Ishiga
NOSOUPFORYOU.

Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
thanks for the help guys, i think ill try practicing without the amp. I'll probably consider getting a roland if the price is reasonable. And hey, I have a question, its been asked thousands of times, but i want to be very clear on it, my guitar has a floating bridge, and if i block it, will tuning be just as easy as a fixed bridge guitar?
Check the vox pathfinder, its one of the coolest SS amps out their, either that or go for a used vox valvetronix, those are pretty good modeling amps for price, that or a used fender champion. those things are pretty cheap, ESP. for a tube amp.
valvetronix or cube.

try to stretch your budget for around $40 more to get one new. but its worth it
Jong

Strat, V847a, OCDv3, Carbon Copy, DD-5, Flying Dragon, EL84 amp