in your pedal setup are you supposed to put the distortion pedal before the overdrive or the overdrive before the distortion?
I know that some might say that its personal preferance but is there like some kind of rule of thumb or something? thanks.
really it is personal preferance, but i'd probably go od then distortion, but of course it depends on the pedals and i'd have to try them both ways to see what i like better
gear:
fender mim telecaster w/ some extra stuff
Vox Ad50vt
Vox V847 Wah
Boss OS-2
Keeley Boss DS-1 Ultra
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi USA
MXR Phase 90
Boss CH-1
yeah i'd probably go tubescreamer then ds-1, but try them out both ways and see what you like
gear:
fender mim telecaster w/ some extra stuff
Vox Ad50vt
Vox V847 Wah
Boss OS-2
Keeley Boss DS-1 Ultra
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi USA
MXR Phase 90
Boss CH-1
the only rule here is guitar first, Amp last. anything in between is a personal preference
Guitar>wah>overdrive/distortion>phasers/tremolo/other effects>amp
I plays guitars.
Do you want to overdrive your distortion, or distort your overdrive? Being that an OD is basically a simulation of an amp's natural OD, and I'd put a distortion pedal before that, I'd probably put the distortion pedal before the OD.

But as said above, it's all personal preference.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
whats the difference between overdriving your distortion and distorting your overdrive?
I'd have the distortion before the overdrive, using the overdrive to add gain and push the amp, and using the distortion pedal as more of a boost to smooth out (by smooth out I mean liquid distortion, not chunky distortion) to fatten up but not overly distortort your tone.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio