I want to buy a gibson explorer in classic white with the ebony fretboard

I don't want to buy the display guitar and I have close but not 1170 to buy it

How do you and how much can you haggle to lower the price?

What about tax and a free set up?

I was told that if I pay in cash that I can get the salesman to sell without tax

Right now I am 100 dollars away from what I need for the guitar but I need money to get straplocks and some more stuff for my guitar

any and all haggling help and tips that work at guitar center would be appreciated
1170 for an explorer thats a ripp off
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
and a soul of Rock n' Roll
700 hundred canadian dollars and i could pick one up
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
Just go up to the salesman and say "Hey, I'll give you (insert lower money amount here, maybe 850-900 bucks) for that Gibson Explorer over there on the wall". and then you to go back and forth until you both reach a comprimise. Use any flaws you find on the instrument and it's setup against him. Oh, and make sure when you go into the store THAT YOU HAVE ALL OF YOUR CAH IN YOU POCKET!!!! The sight of that much cash has an emotional effect on people. Good Luck!
go somewhere elese is what i say any thing over 850 is a ripp off for an explorer
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
say your in like some famous band
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
jesus lets all quadrupall post.

step 1: break a string on the guitar you want
2: leave, then later that day come back
3:then make the guy a really low offer (700$)
4: once he says no just point out all the flaws (like the broken string)
5: walk away with a guitar for like 850$
thats basically what i did for my jazz bass
Quote by dunkelblau

Dear Stoner Stone,
I have found in reading this post that you are lacking the intelligence of a normal person.
you need serious help, possibly involving a screwdriver, and a large piece of wood.
please, be deceased now.
thank you

1170 is a ripoff anyway, try online...eBay maybe.

If you still want to try to get the Explorer at the store though, tell them you're interested in buying it and don't want to pay 1170 because there are better prices elsewhere. Try to cite the better prices if you can find them and then see what they say...just try to haggle
I can agree that anything over $800 is a rip off, most I have ever paid was $400 and that was for my Dean Zx..... here's a link I found on Musicians Friend... yeah this dude ain't kidding. Those things are spendy!!
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Explorer-Electric-Guitar?sku=517320

Here's a cheaper one...
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Explorer-Electric-Guitar?sku=517320X
Get one from Musicians friend, they have good prices.

Just a piece of advice: Before you buy the explorer ( I have one a classic white one ), try some other guitars to make sure its what you really want. I dont really solo that much, but it can be a pain when you get up to the higher frets. And thanks to the body style you cant really balance it on your leg like you can a strat or a les paul.

I love the guitar and I wouldnt trade it for anything but you should try it to see if it fits your personal style.
another piece of advise: check the gear ads on here. sometimes you can find a good deal. or you could post a hread saying your looking for one.

$970 is how much I paid for mine. I got a $200 off cause I traded in my jackson roads.
Guitar Center owns Musicians Friend. The prices are the same because they are not competing with each other.
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender Telecaster
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Solo Head
Mesa 412 slant cab
Monster Power Pro 2500 Power Conditioner
TC Electronic G-Force
SKG Rack Case
Yamaha acoustic
I'm too lazy to link it, but on about.com, there's an excellent article about how to haggle for your guitar in a store or online. It's time consuming method, but I was able to get $200 (U.S.) shaved off of my Epi Les Paul at Guitar Center.
-------

"So if 'con' is the opposite of 'pro', then isn't 'congress' the opposite of 'progress'?"
- John Stewart, Daily Show
Sorry to double post, but I have a random question for Rooster666: is the 15w Line6 Spider II amp any good?
-------

"So if 'con' is the opposite of 'pro', then isn't 'congress' the opposite of 'progress'?"
- John Stewart, Daily Show