As suggested by TheFitz.
In my previous thread I made the decision to buy a new rig to go along with my current bass. Problem is I don't really know **** about large bass rigs. I could really use some suggestions and information on good rigs. Post with whatever you believe to be the best rig for the price range (up to 2,000 USD, but I would prefer to spend 1,500-1,800), some specs, and wahtever your choices price is. I play alot of funk but I also play some reggae and jazz, so I am looking for something pretty versatile. Any help is greatly appreciated.
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are bruises from fighting. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
Funky Muthafucka Of The Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 To Join.
UG Irish Clan-Póg mo thóin
Quote by Caustic
Beast Within, you're awesome.
Last edited by Beast_Within at Jul 20, 2007,
I personally would suggest the following rig:

Ampeg SVT-810E Bass Enclosure (800W RMS/4 OHM) - $999.99
Ampeg SVT-3PRO Series Head (450W @ 4 OHM) - $899.99

or

Gallien-Krueger Goldline 410GLX 4x10 Bass Cabinet (400W RMS/8 OHM) - $399.99
Gallien-Krueger Neo 115 1x15 Bass Speaker Cabinet (300W RMS/8 OHM) - $549.99
Gallien-Krueger 700RB-II Bass Head (480W LF/50W HF/8 OHM) - $599.99 [Features biamp capabilities]
and then have plenty of money to spare

Those are my ideas, though I'm not sure if I set up the second one properly to work to its fullest.
I am a lucid dream to the illusionary slumber
Wading in a cesspool of forgotten memory
An insignificant host to the collective subconscious

~Sacred Slumber
for 2000 i'd get a galien-kruegar 1/2 stack.

G-K RB1001
G-K RBH410
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
if i really had $2000 to spend on an amp. i would look for a used Ampeg SVT-4 Pro head, and a used Ampeg 8x10 cab, or two. it would be the last amp purchase, in my lifetime.
i've heard bad things about the goldline cabs...

i think the best rig you could possibly have is
Ampeg SVT450H http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ampeg-SVT450H-450W-Classic-Series-Head?sku=481756
and the famous ampeg svt810
(total cost 1,700)

either that or (if you're a U2 fan
Ashdown ABM 500 EVO II head http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ashdown-ABM-500-EVO-II-Mono-Bass-Amp-Head?sku=485021
575 watts
Ashdown ABM 115
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ashdown-ABM-115-15-Bass-Speaker-Cabinet?sku=605021
Ashdown ABM 410
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ashdown-ABM-410T-4X10-Bass-Speaker-Cabinet-with-Tweeter?sku=605024
i've heard nothing but fantastic things about the ABM series
(total cost 1,900)
Quote by ZootCst

LMAO it's the exact same rig you were thinking of when I suggested you start this thread!

But, again, personally, I do not think 450W at 4Ohms is nearly enough power, especially for a $2000 rig. If I wanted that power, I'd get a high-powered combo.

As suggested by TheFitz.
In my previous thread I made the decision to buy a new rig to go along with my current bass. Problem is I don't really know **** about large bass rigs. I could really use some suggestions and information on good rigs. Post with whatever you believe to be the best rig for the price range (up to 2,000 USD, but I would prefer to spend 1,500-18,000), some specs, and wahtever your choices price is. I play alot of funk but I also play some reggae and jazz, so I am looking for something pretty versatile. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Well, for $18,000, you can probably get one of Jaco's or Jonesy's personal Acoustic 360's.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
LMAO it's the exact same rig you were thinking of when I suggested you start this thread!

But, again, personally, I do not think 450W at 4Ohms is nearly enough power, especially for a $2000 rig. If I wanted that power, I'd get a high-powered combo.

Well, for $18,000, you can probably get one of Jaco's or Jonesy's personal Acoustic 360's.

Damn you Fitzy you made me edit.
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are bruises from fighting. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
Funky Muthafucka Of The Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 To Join.
UG Irish Clan-Póg mo thóin
Quote by Caustic
Beast Within, you're awesome.
Personally I would suggest trying to find used (but in good condition of course) SWR equipment. It has a very warm, clean, clear tone, great for reggae, funk, and jazz.

Namely something from the X series, and a goliath III 4x10.