Hey
digitech rp350 OR sansamp gt2
I need to know which one would be better as an amp modeler? i know that the digitech's more versatile, but thats not the criteria. does the digitech sound very digital compared to the gt2? can i get a very hard, grainy diezl/engl/uberschall/Peavey6505 sort of distortion through any of the two. i liked the california style clip on the tech 21 website, can the digitech match that?? Digitech's rectified clip on muscians friend wasnt as good as the gt2's calif in my opinion. do they have like a higher gain amp, or something of the sort?

also, could someone with either of the two and a similar setup to mine (guitar + amp) plz post a sound clip.

thanks

edit: would the line 6 pod 2.0 or behringer vamp-2 be suitable options for the tones mentioned above? i really need to know cause i cannot try out any of the four as none of the stores in town have them.
Gear:
ESP LTD EC1000
Douglas Spad (Alder) [ custom wired with EMG and Passives ] : Kramer Striker FR424SM
Line 6 POD X3Live : Digitech Rp80 : Tascam US144
Kustom Sound (crappy ass) solid state amp
Old Steel String Acoustic (some local company)
Last edited by Kramer1309 at Jul 20, 2007,
i think the sansamp would be better. my friend has an rp80 and its hard to get a good chug type sound out of the rectifier setting. no matter what i put the gain on its always like this buzzy kinda sound
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
i was actually hoping to compare the rp350's rectified sound (supposed to be better than the rp80) to the gt2's mark i simulation.

also, does anyone know how the pod2's mark i driven sound compares to the gt2's
Gear:
ESP LTD EC1000
Douglas Spad (Alder) [ custom wired with EMG and Passives ] : Kramer Striker FR424SM
gt-2 no doubt. gt-2 is analog and versatile..
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

hey, you're the southeast asian dude on youtube with those crazy videos with a sweet sweet ibanez s!! Dude, what's the song ur playing in the vid in which u boost ur gt2 with a bad monkey?? i asked as a comment , you didnt repy. btw, ur starry night cover was amazing.

back on topic, does anyone know how the line6 pod2.0's simulation of a mesa mark 1 distorted compares to the gt2's california setting? (which is heavier, sweeter, etc)

and one more thing, how would the boss ml2 (metalcore) be as a distortion pedal for stuff like lamb of god, as i lay dying, hatebreed, joe sat (particularly mindstorm), etc
Gear:
ESP LTD EC1000
Quote by Kramer1309
can i get a very hard, grainy diezl/engl/uberschall/Peavey6505 sort of distortion through any of the two. i liked the california style clip on the tech 21 website, can the digitech match that?? Digitech's rectified clip on muscians friend wasnt as good as the gt2's calif in my opinion. do they have like a higher gain amp, or something of the sort?

I use a GT2 myself and it comes to hi-gain distortion, I ONLY use the brit setting. Its sounds very close to a boosted jcm800. Personally, I dont like the calif setting. The tone isnt tight enough, kinda has that flabby bottom end sound.

And if you want a grainy distortion ala 5150(have one myself too), you wont get it with the GT2. But you still retain the tightness if you downtune. At times i tune to C standard, and the tight thump is still there, provided you use the brit setting.
Peavey 5150, LTD EX400BD, tubescreamer, and a whole lotta fingers
does the brit always sound as bright as it does on the demo on their website?
im not really fond of that ac-dc type bright stuff. basically , can the british channel sound dark (musically)?

also, is there any pedal that can closely model the amps mentioned?
Gear:
ESP LTD EC1000
Quote by Kramer1309
hey, you're the southeast asian dude on youtube with those crazy videos with a sweet sweet ibanez s!! Dude, what's the song ur playing in the vid in which u boost ur gt2 with a bad monkey?? i asked as a comment , you didnt repy. btw, ur starry night cover was amazing.

back on topic, does anyone know how the line6 pod2.0's simulation of a mesa mark 1 distorted compares to the gt2's california setting? (which is heavier, sweeter, etc)

and one more thing, how would the boss ml2 (metalcore) be as a distortion pedal for stuff like lamb of god, as i lay dying, hatebreed, joe sat (particularly mindstorm), etc

the song with a boosted sansamp was just a backing track that my friend gave me.. anyways, since you have now a sound backround of the sansamp, i really recommend the sansamp over the pod. i havent tried the pod but i think that the pod would be too digital.

secondly, dont ever consider a boss metal distortion.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

anyone with clips of the pod 2's mark i simulation so i can compare???
Gear:
ESP LTD EC1000
I own both the sansamp and a digitech, not the same ones you mention but still...

the sansamp has better sound on the fly but the digitech is more tweakable
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
which digitech incidentally?
Gear:
ESP LTD EC1000