Well i'm stuck between the two. I am using it to boost my orange rockerverb 50 and tighten up the tone. Which has more gain between the two or which od pedal would have the most gain if it's not a maxon? I want od only, not distortion. I wanna add a little more gain for getting those pinch harmonic squeals.
get a booster? maybe a treble booster? it would give you better harmonic response...

but i say OD808 is a better buy... i don't need so much crazy GAIN stuff. but if u want the OD9, then go for it. $10.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by IKilledMarilyn
Well i'm stuck between the two. I am using it to boost my orange rockerverb 50 and tighten up the tone. Which has more gain between the two or which od pedal would have the most gain if it's not a maxon? I want od only, not distortion. I wanna add a little more gain for getting those pinch harmonic squeals.

I think you've got this a bit wrong, the idea is that you set up the OD pedal so you have no gain on it and the level as high as possible so it's basically a clean boost, then tinker with the tone control until you hit the sound you want.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.