Hello, you may have read earlier that I was on the verge of giving up guitar, well I am definetly not now thanks to all of you the kind community.
Before I turn a bit more Homo, I need your help again.
Basically what my problem is, is that no matter how much I practice something I always make mistakes, literally on everything, i could practice the hell out of it and I will still make mistakes.
So I was wondering is there a way to stop this, or do I just carry on practicing it.

Thank you in advance.
My Gear:
Gear 4 Music Red Strat.
Gear 4 Music 15W Amp.
Heres a link to the Gear 4 Music Site
(you can get some good deals)
http://www.gear4music.com/
You gotta stop thinking about it so much and/or give it some time. Take a few weeks off until you feel like playing again, and try it then. You might be pleasantly surprised at what you can do, as I often am.
hmmmm take some weeks off...are you sure? id be missing out on practice time though.
Im not dissing your advice...but im not sure...aaaaagh
My Gear:
Gear 4 Music Red Strat.
Gear 4 Music 15W Amp.
well...kurt kobaine messed up riffs/solos when he played a lot. why cant you?
Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V

Marshall MG100HDFX
Marshall MA50C

Boss DS-1
Digitech RP50
Digitech Whammy IV
Vox V847 Wah Pedal
Yea, i took a break for about 2 days trying to learn the crazy train solo, when i picked my guitar up again i nailed it
Epiphone Les Paul Custom with EMGs
Errr, maybe just practice something else and try to forget about what you're stuggling with. Hopefully that clarified my mediocre advice. Like for me, it seemed like I could never get those barre chords down, so I kinda gave up and just played some scales instead. Then I decided to see if I could do it for the hell of it, and I actually figured it out.
personally I have found that playing very slow so slow you can't even tell it's a song more like just single notes but I play through the mistakes and slowly after 5-10 times through the entire song or solo or whatever I'll ussually find that most of my worst mistakes are related whether it be the same fret and string or same chord or a certain technique that reoccurs throughout the selection that I'm just missing. I then work on just those mistakes concentrate on finger placement over and over very slow, find that sweet spot, as I get a little faster over a couple of days I then put it back together with the rest of the song/selection and ussually end up finding other smaller mistakes that I didn't notice before in other ares of the song/selection that were overshadowed by the massive mistakes at first. Then do the same process to clean up those little tweaks and twangs.
Thanks for all your advice people.
I think I will take some days off...do some other things, like study some guitar players or something.
Thank you all so much.
My Gear:
Gear 4 Music Red Strat.
Gear 4 Music 15W Amp.
I started veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery slow. I didn't stop being a beginner until after like 2 years, and I was tired of sucking so I quit. I started back up about a year and a half ago, and now I'd say I'm nearing the end of my road as a beginner. I look up tabs, and usually I got the song down in under 5 minutes. Just take time, practice. I would only still consider myself a beginner because I don't know theory.

The moral of that long irrelevant story is some people take longer than others. Get comfortable with your fret board. If you aren't comfortable with your fret board, maybe you need a new guitar.(no offense to yours) An awkward neck will hold you back. Invest in a decent guitar if you think you'll stick with it.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Hmmmm i see i never thought of it like that...but yeah i dont really like my guitar my mum got it for me on my birthday but i didnt have the chance to play it before hand...but im aranging some cash to get a new guitar and amp.
Thanks for your help.
My Gear:
Gear 4 Music Red Strat.
Gear 4 Music 15W Amp.
don't worry so much about making mistakes. sure, you feel stupid about them and don't want to make them, but make sure you're having fun. all that matters is that you enjoy playing. try learning some new songs, or putting on a tune by a band you like and just jamming and playing whatever to it. don't let mistakes frustrate you to the point of quitting. aside from regular practice, time will help. the more you play, the better you'll get -- but that doesn't mean that you have to only practice those songs that you're working on. every time you practice, you'll be improving upon your skills. just play a lot, enjoy it, and you'll get better.