Hey guys. I have a quick question. I'm going to be looking at getting some single pedals like an EQ, distortion, and overdrive. However, I have a question.

Now I'm looking at cables cause I'll need them. But can you run a patch cable into the amp, or will that generate inconsiderable amounts of feedback, in which case I'll see about picking up a another Dimarzio instrument cable to run from my last pedal to my amp.

P.S. I already ran a search, I didn't see the answer to my question. Unless I'm a bat.
A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music

Schecter Gryphon
Vox AD30VT

Lost my tubergity to a Valveking.
Actually patch cables have better shielding than instrument cables, at least thats what I was told in my StageCraft/Tech class in school...

Better Shielding= less 'noise', hum, interference, etc...
i always thought patch cables were the really short cables that you put between pedals so you dont have masses of spare cable lying around your pedal board
Gear:
Ibanez Destroyer
Roland Cube 60
Boss TU-80
Ovation acoustic
Original Crybaby

"If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried" Josh Homme

My Profile

^^Check out my profile for some improv solos^^
Quote by High_o
i always thought patch cables were the really short cables that you put between pedals so you dont have masses of spare cable lying around your pedal board

Yeah. Those are the ones I'm talking about.
A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music

Schecter Gryphon
Vox AD30VT

Quote by whitebeast666
Yeah. Those are the ones I'm talking about.

so it wouldn;t be able to reach from the pedal on the floor, to the input of your amp would it?
Gear:
Ibanez Destroyer
Roland Cube 60
Boss TU-80
Ovation acoustic
Original Crybaby

"If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried" Josh Homme

My Profile

^^Check out my profile for some improv solos^^
yeah i need some to bridge the two channels on my plexi , you can get patch cables in kits aswell , like : 6 in 1 pack kinda thing .
Gibson SG spesial

Marshall 1987X MKII Head
Genz Benz El diablo 100 Head
Genz Benz Gflex 212 cab.

Korg AX1500G multi effects pedal
Quote by High_o
so it wouldn;t be able to reach from the pedal on the floor, to the input of your amp would it?

Not really sure. It's 17 inches tall, thats like, 1 foot 5 inches. I guess I should try an instrument cable then, since I'm looking at cables that are 1.5 feet to 2 feet.

Schecter Gryphon
Vox AD30VT

I don't think 1.5 to 2 feet is a patch cable. I use a 4 footer to make the last jump from the effects to the amp. That way you still have enough room to kick the pedals around if you need to, and it's not stretched taught where you'll step on it and break the input jack. Don't use a regular cable. The more cable you have, the more antenna you have to pick up noise. (try using a really crappy cable and a few pedals with the gain up all the way. You'll get radio stations)
Quote by Blaster Bob
I don't think 1.5 to 2 feet is a patch cable. I use a 4 footer to make the last jump from the effects to the amp. That way you still have enough room to kick the pedals around if you need to, and it's not stretched taught where you'll step on it and break the input jack. Don't use a regular cable. The more cable you have, the more antenna you have to pick up noise. (try using a really crappy cable and a few pedals with the gain up all the way. You'll get radio stations)

Yeah. I plan on only using up to a 6 footer. I'm trying to find something just a wee bit shorter, but may not be able to.

Edit: 6 feet for the last jump.

Schecter Gryphon
Vox AD30VT