- It's an Epiphone SG
- the action is quite low
- I use D'Addario XL 10"

Now, I fixed the intonation on 5 of the strings (by adjusting the saddles), but the G string is the problem. It's saddle is pulled all the way back but it needs to be pulled just a little bit more to be right. But if everything else is fixed good, the correct possition of the saddle should leave room for both pushing and pulling, am I right? I've never seen a guitar with a saddle pulled (or pushed) to the extreme...

I suspect that my action is actually too low, but I'd like to hear your opinion before I do anything.
Epiphone SG
Marshall JCM 800 2203
(no pedals, no effects, just lots of gain).
Quote by webbtje
Pics. Your saddles shoudn't need to be moved to the right or left...

He doesn't mean to THE right, to BE right
ohai little sig.
Oooh yeah... duh. Anyway, unless it's impeding your playing it shouldn't be a problem. see a tech if it's worrying you.
If all fails, push it all the way up front and start re-intonating
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
But is there a connection between the action (height) and intonation? Because when I bought the guitar, it was higher that it is now.
Epiphone SG
Marshall JCM 800 2203
(no pedals, no effects, just lots of gain).
yeah there is. if u think about it, if the action is higher u get a speck more wiggle room for intonation.

can u flip ur saddle the other way to point to away from the headstock? or is it already that way.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011