Page 1 of 2
Amazing band.
Their music has a great tropical feelling.

Vampire Weekend - Vampire Weekend (Unreleased Blue CD-R Version) (2007)

Genre: Indie / New Wave / Funk!
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
Last edited by Andrewbiles at Jul 25, 2007,
woa-hoa, how did this get passed up?

i downloaded this on a whim and was thoroughly impressed. guess they're getting a buzz quick.
i have heard the name
i feel like i listened to them once
i don't remember though

aren't they the openers for dirty projectors on their upcoming tour?
eh it has been long enough between my posts
i will give my full thoughts now

i downloaded the cd-r, it was quite good
very quirky stuff
it makes perfect sense why they are opening for the dirty projectors

oxford comma is my favorite song on the album so far
Quote by DorkusMalorkus

My first impression before I read any of the stuff in this thread was Tropical Shins.

i'll give you tropical shins...
they'll have sand on them
/terrible joke
worth the hype? maybe.
i decided my new favorite song by them is Walcott.
Catchy as hell.

Edit: Walcott is soooo good
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Last edited by pumpkins_rule at Jan 29, 2008,
bought this album on a whim for nine bucks today at target. it's really quite cool.
Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join

last.fm
Great from what I've heard so far: APunk and Mansard Roof. Both great songs. I would compare them even to Cake.
Indie Rock in Spanish. Good idea or not? intelligent feed back would be appreciated.
I just accosiate them with a mellow sound, and after listening to the whole album, I've found that Campus is the best.
Indie Rock in Spanish. Good idea or not? intelligent feed back would be appreciated.
i saw them supporting the shins in london and frankly i thought they were terrible they just seemd really bad, there timing was off and there songs irritating. i was right on the barrier and watched the guitarist throughout there entire set, he just kept on playing the same fragmented chords and riffs on every song

the shins were mucchhhh better.
Shins better? Well of course, they're god-like

I wasn't expecting to like VW all that much really, and while I still wasn't blown away the album is realy good all the way through. Will be getting it soon, Comma and A-Punk are my favs so far. I find Mansard Roof to actually be one of their poorest efforts
So I've been listening to the CD, and to be honest, I don't think it is that great.

It is really catchy. But a lot of it is really same-y. I like it a lot, it is very Panda Bear meets a more refined tropical Shins. BUT I really am not feeling it. There doesn't seem to be a ton of depth to it. Granted I haven't listened to it a ton. But the same-y-ness, the constant (yet consistently good) pop hooks are just a bit much.

I think it'd be better in a setting where I am listening to it with a group of people, or driving in the car, or something of that nature. But it isn't the most intimate music.
just saw these guys on "which mediocre indie band can we hype?"

i'm with you on this one dorkus. i've heard the album a few times now, and the more i hear it, the more i dislike it.
they seem like the band that could get driven into the ground, hype-wise -- catchy and unique in a somewhat "gimmicky" way.

(that being said, i love this album.)
Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join

last.fm
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
So I've been listening to the CD, and to be honest, I don't think it is that great.

It is really catchy. But a lot of it is really same-y. I like it a lot, it is very Panda Bear meets a more refined tropical Shins. BUT I really am not feeling it. There doesn't seem to be a ton of depth to it. Granted I haven't listened to it a ton. But the same-y-ness, the constant (yet consistently good) pop hooks are just a bit much.

I think it'd be better in a setting where I am listening to it with a group of people, or driving in the car, or something of that nature. But it isn't the most intimate music.

Well yeah. They're basically going to go through the same burst of popularity Franz Ferdinand and The Killers went through. None of them have lasting power, but they're fun for a few weeks until the next good indie pop band comes along.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Damn.

I like this.

I saw them on MTV I think.

In between Bad Brains bits.

I just came in here for the Vampires.

Hooks are important to me.

These guys are hookier than Seinfeld's proposed closet.
i just bought the record today
it was on sale for $8 at best buy, which I thought was a little wierd

but the record is pretty good anyway
Quote by WyldeGibsonPlyr
i just bought the record today
it was on sale for $8 at best buy, which I thought was a little wierd

but the record is pretty good anyway

holy ****, you're alive! i would have come back to sponj, too.
aw.

how shweet! i haven't listened to these guys in a while
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
All I know about them is that I love A-Punk.
"It's fun until someone gets hurt...then it's hilarious."
Pretentious and boring.

Your typical college brat pseudo-well-read kids playing Indie Pop.

Remember when Indie music was full of men who could grow beards in a half an hour?
I do.
Poor advice.
Page 1 of 2