So a few weeks ago i brought a Laney VC15 from GAK, i liked the amp very much but it was faulty so i sent it back and they sent me a new one and that to was faulty with the same problems. Gak told me that it is a problem with the new Laney Amps and may take a while to fix. He said it was something to do with soldering (new laws so they can't use lead or something)

So i need your advise i have around £250-£350 to spend on a amp, Tube or Solid State, it has to be from Gak because they credited me.

Also the man at the shop said that the valve king is better than the Laney, but i think that it might be to loud because i still want to be able to play it at home.

Thanks in Advance
My Gear

Guitars
Custom Strat
Schecter Omen 6 Extreme
Ibanez S470
Yamaha FG730
Amps
Laney VC15
Blackstar HT-5
Effects
Digitech GNX3
Boss OD-20
Vox Wah
Marshall Echohead
Satchurator

Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever
Ugh, the valve king is not better than the Laney. What styles do you play?
Schecter C1 Classic Left Handed
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112
First of all crucify the shopman for saying the valvejester is better than the laney.

And as said above, what genre's do you play?
I play everything from blues, rock, jazz, punk and a little bit of metal.
My Gear

Guitars
Custom Strat
Schecter Omen 6 Extreme
Ibanez S470
Yamaha FG730
Amps
Laney VC15
Blackstar HT-5
Effects
Digitech GNX3
Boss OD-20
Vox Wah
Marshall Echohead
Satchurator

Quote by SublimeGuitar
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/71108

An unusual suggestion, but it's a great amp. You could use the extra cash to invest in an OD pedal to get heavier tones.

Although you should consider waiting until the laneys are fixed, because you shouldn't settle for something that comes second best to the amp you want for the sake of a few weeks.

A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Thanks for the suggestion timi_hendrix, i was also considering waiting until Laney fix the problem
My Gear

Guitars
Custom Strat
Schecter Omen 6 Extreme
Ibanez S470
Yamaha FG730
Amps
Laney VC15
Blackstar HT-5
Effects
Digitech GNX3
Boss OD-20
Vox Wah
Marshall Echohead
Satchurator

Quote by SublimeGuitar
Faulty soldering has nothing to do with EPA regulations about lead. The guy was throwing you a curve. The Valveking is a good sounding amp. All budget amps have quality-control issues. Nothing wrong with the sound of Laneys. If that is what you want I would wait. I like the sound of the VK much better so try one out if you don't want to wait.