for those of u who play live, do u prefer to be miced up or put straight through into the mixer.

Personally i hate being di'd (?????) because it leaves your tone at the mercy of the sound desk operator which can sometimes be such a horrible thing. also i notice i lose the sound i love when i go throught the mixer as it does not gain the richness of my cabinet...
Quote by Drmckool
without having read this thread and just seeing the title since i've been not on the forum for a month i'm just going to say

"why can't we be friends"
depends, i prefer being miced up, cause yeah i think di's do detract from your tone
gear:
Custom built Strat
Esp ltd EC-1000
Gibson les paul fadded dc
Line 6 spider II 30watt
Boss Ds1, DD6,Tu-2, NS
Alvarez af60ckelectro/acoustic
di, if they do take from your tone a bit...its nothing the soundguy can't fix.
Fender '51 Precision Bass
Hofner Verythin LTD Edition Guitar in Walnut w/ Bigsby
Engelhardt ES9 Upright Bass
1968 Trayner YBA 1A MK II Amp
w/ 6x10 cabinet

www.iaminlimbo.com
All the sound guys in my area are absolute tossers that haven't worked out how to use their dicks yet, let alone shape a good sound so I say mic me up or hire a new guy.
I don't even look at the DI boxes. When I first started playing live they didn't have enough, so I didn't have one which led to me buying a new amp that's powerfull enough to light up the venues I play at. I also use it as my moniter. But when I do go through DI boxes I like to personally set my tone. Much to the soundboard guys dismay.
Quote by bazz_aaron
for those of u who play live, do u prefer to be miced up or put straight through into the mixer.

Personally i hate being di'd (?????) because it leaves your tone at the mercy of the sound desk operator which can sometimes be such a horrible thing. also i notice i lose the sound i love when i go throught the mixer as it does not gain the richness of my cabinet...

then have the di after the eq stage then you have control of your tone
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
miced up. di'ing is just cheating
Quote by Chikitty_China
Well, when I'm fapping, I sometimes look at my left hand and wonder what could have been ....
mic'd up FTW. i hate how 'sterile' DI sounds. no amp coloration. and then there's the whole sound guy thing.
i thought i had magic fingers once, and had uncovered the fountain of love.

turns out my girlfriend was just peeing on me.
i dont know i want to mix the two together the DI transfers lower Frequencies but the highs are characteristly harsh. well i'd like to mix the two but then it ets really complicated so of the two i'd rather D.I maybe i just need to play around with mics some more tho
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
Ya, I def prefer mic'ing...although I enjoy plugging my amp into the mixer sometimes too. That actually works really well for me, but not a lot of places will do it.