I have knob all planned for summer and i need something to do lol,so here is my project

The other day i was playing my squire in school,and i noticed some brown marks on the scratchplate,so i think i need to change it.Ive already chose the plate,a black one,triple-ply,white stripe in middle,which i think would look pretty good on the black body.So heres my question...

Either side of all 3 pickups,there are some screws which change the height of the pickups (i currently have them sunk down into the body) so im wondering how to unscrew and remove the scratchplate without messing with the pickup height.Any tips.

Then,if all that goes to plan,i think i might upgrade the cheap ****ty pickups that squire use as standard,so if anybody could give me tips on any types of decent,single coil pickups,and how to change them (if it is kind of simple,ill do it,but if it requires loads of rewiring,ill see a technician lol.

Thanks
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Go to the customizing forum, people in the pit have no idea what they're talking about. Re-wiring's pretty simple, you can probably do it yourself.
Quote by Roger_Waters
^ wow i actually almost missed that hahaha iforgot your a genious

Don't blame us if we ever doubt you, you know we couldn't live without you.

I'm oedipus, bitch, the original balla
Bust out my 9, light up your Impala
fuck that police!
Quote by iforgot539
Go to the customizing forum, people in the pit have no idea what they're talking about. Re-wiring's pretty simple, you can probably do it yourself.

Oh crap yeah,sorry,thanks for the help
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
you have to unscrew them to switch the scratchplate

Lace Sensors, Hot Rails, Fender SCN are some good pickups

projectguitar.com can tell you how to do the wiring
SMALL CLONE of the EHX User's Guild

Quote by Ishiga
NOSOUPFORYOU.

Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
this is barely a question. only an idiot would buy a zune.