I have knob all planned for summer and i need something to do lol,so here is my project

The other day i was playing my squire in school,and i noticed some brown marks on the scratchplate,so i think i need to change it.Ive already chose the plate,a black one,triple-ply,white stripe in middle,which i think would look pretty good on the black body.So heres my question...

Either side of all 3 pickups,there are some screws which change the height of the pickups (i currently have them sunk down into the body) so im wondering how to unscrew and remove the scratchplate without messing with the pickup height.Any tips.

Then,if all that goes to plan,i think i might upgrade the cheap ****ty pickups that squire use as standard,so if anybody could give me tips on any types of decent,single coil pickups,and how to change them (if it is kind of simple,ill do it,but if it requires loads of rewiring,ill see a technician lol.

Thanks
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
You can't change your pick guard without taking the pickups off - and they way you take them off is by completely removing the screws that adjust them.

If you are going to the trouble of taking off the pickguard, change the wiring and pots, stock wiring in any guitar in that price range is always rubbish.

Guitar wiring isn't difficult if you can follow a diagram and drive a soldering iron. Paying a tech to do it would probably cost you more than the guitar is worth.

The other option you have got it to buy a fully loaded pick guard, with pickups, pots the lot, and just have to solder the wires for the output jack and the bridge ground.

I'm going to say it before someone else does - you'll get a better improvement in tone by changing your amp than chaning your pickups - that said, I personally feel there is mileage in changing your pickups anyway, just kess than getting a nice tube amp.

EDIT: You play a Gibson SG and you still use an MG???
Quote by mark_wuk
You can't change your pick guard without taking the pickups off - and they way you take them off is by completely removing the screws that adjust them.

If you are going to the trouble of taking off the pickguard, change the wiring and pots, stock wiring in any guitar in that price range is always rubbish.

Guitar wiring isn't difficult if you can follow a diagram and drive a soldering iron. Paying a tech to do it would probably cost you more than the guitar is worth.

The other option you have got it to buy a fully loaded pick guard, with pickups, pots the lot, and just have to solder the wires for the output jack and the bridge ground.

I'm going to say it before someone else does - you'll get a better improvement in tone by changing your amp than chaning your pickups - that said, I personally feel there is mileage in changing your pickups anyway, just kess than getting a nice tube amp.

EDIT: You play a Gibson SG and you still use an MG???

The marshall amp?yeah,i have no problems with it lol,why do you say that?

Im not sure if im going to change the pickups atm,its just an idea i have so i dont replace the plate,then a few months later,having to take it off again to change pickups,just so i can get it all done at one time lol.

Tube amps are way out of my price range too,id rather just make a few minor changes to the guitar than investing a ****load of my money on a new amp.
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Last edited by andyd93 at Jul 20, 2007,