Hello everybody!

I`m new to the community though I have been surfing the tab archive for some time already.

So I have recorded this instrumental not long ago and wanted to share with you. Please, feedback.

PureVolume.

Regards, Ash.
Last edited by Ash Fargouh at Jul 26, 2007,
Im just listening to it right now, and it sounds really good. A real peaceful sounding song, I like the background sounds/effects. Welcome to UG and good work
sounds real clean so far. I like it. cool stuff going on in the background too. good quality... the guitar sounds a little TOO "bright" or maybe that's just me... well, nevermind, it's bright but it's still "full" sounding. awesome... overall really good. haha. damn, I like this a lot man. keep up the great work!!

c4c? (the url is in my sig)

<3Legions
I liked the sound quality very much. The layering of instruments was very well done. It wasnt really my style but I liked it none the less
Guitars:
Schecter Hellraiser Tempest Left Handed
Yamaha FG720SL Acoustic
Amp(s):
Fender Blues Junior (needs new tubes )
Guitar Rig 4, if that counts
sorry dude, i don't have anything that reads it. maybe you should try putting it on a soundclick?
Too cool for a signature.
Hello.

Sorry - I`m new to the stuff and I didn`t think that oggs will cause problems.

Here is the mp3 version: ftp://technomagick.org/a_thought.mp3

Again, sorry for the inconveniences.

Regards, Ash.
If you want something done well - do it yourself.

Ready for C4C?
See my profile.
hey man, that was really cool, really liked the melodies. Reminded me of gilmour in some places. Would like it to be a little shorter if it's going to be an instrumental imo, but I could see that taking lyrics pretty easy if you wanted to. Thought the tone and recording was very good too, I really liked the chimey guitar. The lead tone I wasn't as into in some parts, although I liked how it sounded towards the ending. Nice playing and good work man.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
love the guitar tone. very peaceful. i like the proggression quite a bit as well. did you do this on an acoustic? the background synth is pretty cool. there are some timing issues. the lead guitar is farely nice as well. good stuff
Too cool for a signature.
Quote by chrisatgrace
Did you do this on an acoustic?

Yes, there are two acoustic guitars playing the theme simultaneously. The distorted solos, obviously were recorded on an e-guitar.

Thanks for the feedback. Regards, Ash.

Ready for C4C?
See my profile.
Last edited by Ash Fargouh at Jul 23, 2007,
it wouldnt DL on my computer, do u have it on myspace or purevolume, something like that
My Music
http://www.myspace.com/theocifers
GUITARS:
Gibson ES-335
Gretsch Pro Jet
Guild Acoustic
1958 Harmony Hollowbody Archtop
AMPS & EFFECTS:
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Vox V847A Wah Pedal
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Danelectro Daddy-O
Very beautiful peace, i think the synth in the background really helped alot, the acoustic guitar work was very clean and i like the progression, that little lead bit was cool, reminded me a bit of Steve Howe. I also think how you kept the lead guitars volume down in the mix created a really cool atmosphere, care to crit mine, here the link
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=634414
Quote by TeXaS_db
it wouldnt DL on my computer, do u have it on myspace or purevolume, something like that

Sorry, not yet. I`m currently working on it.

Regards, Ash.

Ready for C4C?
See my profile.
Thx for the crit, as reguards to your song, sorry, i cant get the page to load. If you send it to me on AIM or put it up on myspace or dmusic of something, then I will be more then delighted to give you a lenghty and indepth critiqe. Shoot me a pm or something when its up.

-Shawn

hey, nice melody and good guitar work. but i think that the song is too monotonic, you should make some sort of breakdown or smth like that
Ok. added the song on Purevolume. The link is in my signature.

Regards, Ash.

Ready for C4C?
See my profile.
Thanks for the crit!

I'm listening to it now and it sounds great. The acoustic and synth compliment each other really well.. however, I'd try using some full chords and maybe some suspensions in the opening section. The recording quality and production is quite excellent - as is the playing. I do agree that the bright tone is perhaps a little contradictory to the mood you're trying to portray? Perhaps I'm wrong. Which leads me on to my next point.

I think you need to add more bass to the recording, maybe in the synth part. I think this would really heighten the atmosphere of the piece. I may be wrong, but it couldn't hurt to experiment with the idea. It seems well thought out and I don't think you need to make any important changes to it. The only other thing I can think about is the lead/solo guitar that comes in occasionally. The tone is a little 'bright' or 'sharp' in some places, IMO. I also found the bends a little harsh in areas.

Apart from that, I think this is pretty great. I'd only make a few minor adjustments to it. Overall, great work. Well Done.
First of all I would like to say that the song itself is very nice. It's very calming and relaxing, and the synth sounds are GREAT. The quality is also quite nice.

There were only a couple of things I didn't like about it. It did seem a bit too bright, as mentioned before, and I think there could have been a little bit more bass. Also it seemed to kindof drag on, I personally think it should change a little more throughout the song. But it is still a great song, and definitely worth listening to. Great job!

What did you use for the synths, btw?
Thanks for the crit, and thanks for putting it up on purevolume, now to my crit:

I like the intro riff, the synth really fits in well with the guitar at certain points. The recording quality is pretty well done, and I didnt really hear any sloppy playing, so all that jazz is good. Overall the riffs also sound interesting.

My main suggestion would be to experiment with some different stuff. The way you have it now for most of the song, (with the synth backing the clean guitar) it sounds really like one big piece and that gets repetitive i believe. (I think someone already mentioned that it "drags")

You can do many things to make the piece more alive

An idea is that after the synth and clean wonderful intro you should get rid of the synth backing in the next section (from 0:28). Make the chords full here and add a little bass just running down the scale. It can work wonders, and then bring back the synth in for select parts that you want to highlight.

Near the end with the distortion guitar, i think that part really clashes with the mood of the bright clean one. I think this might be what your after if you are looking for that eerie kind of clash (imagine sunny day starting to get storm clouds). If so I like it, not a bad way to end.

Overall and to summurize good job recording mate.. add some of the low end and it will make the song have movement, consider cutting out some of the synth and creating distincts parts to the song!

Cheers

Hmm, I actually really liked the bright acoustic tone. This piece reminded me of the soundtrack to the Diablo computer game, except of course it's not quite as dark.

It is a little bit monotonous, but it doesn't bother me because it is mood music. I do think there is a lot of room for further development and new directions. Try adding new elements and shifting emphasis between the different sounds. Also, vary the intensity of your sound. Create tension and resolve/release it.

Good work, man. Molodez!

I'd appreciate a return crit on my blues song:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=634118

American Stratocaster + Blues Junior

Last edited by Armored Artist at Jul 26, 2007,
Hi

Thanks for the feedback, guys, I do really appreciate it and I agree to the main points of your critics: bright tone, monotonic sounding, basslessness. And I thank you for the possible ways of fixing these you proposed - as its my first composition I really needed some advice
I`ll try to play with it some more and try to make it sound better in the aspects you critiqued.

Quote by nunu
Near the end with the distortion guitar, i think that part really clashes with the mood of the bright clean one. I think this might be what your after if you are looking for that eerie kind of clash (imagine sunny day starting to get storm clouds). If so I like it, not a bad way to end.

Hehe, the thing is that I had an idea to have an ending that would differ from the rest of the song`s mood, so I played and played some variations and then I just listened how would it sound within the song and I really liked it - it was what I had been looking for.

Quote by Forlorn Hope
What did you use for the synths, btw?

I used FL Studio`s Sytrus synths.

Quote by Armored Artist
Good work, man. Molodez!

Another slavanian, eh?

Regards, Ash.

Ready for C4C?
See my profile.
Last edited by Ash Fargouh at Jul 27, 2007,
I liked it alot, but I felt there was too much compression on the guitars which gave this a little too much ringing. :P Otherwise, really good work, I liked the composition, the quality could use a little work. But I see you've got something good going on.
- aL -
Hello there.

So, it has been awhile since the last update and I am sorry foe bumping the thread, but there are some changes in the subject track.
I tried to follow some advices that were given in this thread above and I think I`ve done nicely.
The bass part is still missing, but the guitar parts were rerecorded and remasteres.
See my profile for "Still thinking of..."

Thanks in advance, Ash.