ok this is gonna sound retarded but, at present im using about 3 different distortion pedals and various other effects stomp boxes. Trying to change effects is an absolute hassle as i wasnt born with 5 feet. If i was to invest in a pedal board would i be able to preset selections of pedals. like if i wanted to use 2 distortions and the chorus, but change to another distortion and a phase shifter, would i be able to preset those combinations of pedals then simply hit a switch to select them? cheers.
use a looper
SMALL CLONE of the EHX User's Guild

Quote by Ishiga
NOSOUPFORYOU.

Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
this is barely a question. only an idiot would buy a zune.
You could arrange your pedals so that you can hit inbetween them and hit both I suppose. For example, you could but your distortion and phase shifter next to one another. This isn't fully solving your problem, but it could help a bit I suppose.
Quote by gorecore=me
is a bidet a type of crisp?
Maybe a complex series of A/B switches?

Might be more hassle than its worth though.

And... do you really need that many pedals?

Maybe that's the root of the problem.
Quote by mafropetee
Hey There Delilah was carefully designed by the world's top researchers to make girls want to have sex with whoever is playing it. That is its only purpose.

Gear:

Ibanez S470 - SH-6
Squier Showmaster - SH10 + TB-4
Epiphone Joe Pass Arch Top
i would use a looper, have the pedals engaged and you can switch to them on using the looper or bypass them.

I think lol
Failure is a far greater teacher than success.
Unified

Gear:
Schecter C-1
Peavey Classic 30
Roland Cube 30
DD-3
Ibanez WD-7
Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive
get a multi fx pedal, that will make it lots easier, as you can then just order them and switch between them with the pedals
my gear

• ibanez rg350dx
  • legend fat strat
  • vox ad30vt
  • laney double footswitch
  • behringer eq700
  • zoom gfx 707 effects processor
  • boss gt-3 effects processor
Not to be too much of a prick but you couldn't think of a less offensive way to describe you lack of knowledge. Maybe it is that your lack of knowledge is so great that it actually does fit.
Breakfast; the most importent drink of the day.
Quote by mattwebb
get a multi fx pedal, that will make it lots easier, as you can then just order them and switch between them with the pedals

A multi will not switch pedals for you. Presets on board the multi, yes. Pedals outside of the multi, no.

Quote by Molsons Golden
Not to be too much of a prick but you couldn't think of a less offensive way to describe you lack of knowledge. Maybe it is that your lack of knowledge is so great that it actually does fit.

Huh?

TS - another loop controller to look into is the VooDoo Labs Pedal Switcher and Commander if you really need it. If you're thinking of going rack, take a look at the Ground Control Pro and GCX system.
I know you probably didn't mean to be offensive but some people are offended by the slang usage of words like retarded, gay etc. Saying something is gay if you don't like it is another example. If you worked with developmentally disabled persons or were gay you would understand. Words are powerful.
I think the TS was calling him self retarded for using 3 distortion pedals. I don't think this is something we have to rag on for post after post since there have been far more offensive things posted in this forum without so much as a mention of it. Hopefully the TS knows better now and will correct him/herself in the future.
God its so polictically correct nowadays. A peice of wood or a remote control or something just taped to your pedals would work just as well as loppers and whatnot.
I'm certainly done with my comments on the subject. I wouldn't have said anything further except the TS didn't seem to understand the offense. I'm about the most politically incorrect person around but I am not sure that considering the feelings of others falls into the PC catagory. Anyway people have the right to say anything they want. Beware of Karma.
Quote by uldhppi
I'm certainly done with my comments on the subject. I wouldn't have said anything further except the TS didn't seem to understand the offense. I'm about the most politically incorrect person around but I am not sure that considering the feelings of others falls into the PC catagory. Anyway people have the right to say anything they want. Beware of Karma.

Yeah, welcome to the internet. As much as people have the ability to censor themselves when they write up a post, readers have just as much freedom to not read the thread.
I agree. I think that most people are unaware that some of the terms they use tend to offend certain groups. If they were aware they would probably try to change their language. The small group of people that are offensive by design will reap what they sow. I also wouldn't advise people to go around looking for opportunities to become offended. They will easily find what they are looking for.
Last edited by uldhppi at Jul 21, 2007,
Idontfeelathing like I said I wasn't trying to to be too much of a prick. But since you are so new to UG (three post,all in this thread) you might want to think of your chioce of words before you post.

I am not always PC myself but when you are posting on a forum that clearly states the rules on being PC, you should obey the rules or be banned.

And to Two String; UG is not just the internet, if you bothered to read the rules when joining UG you would know better than to say if you don't like it don't read it. Having the ability to post on this forum is a priviledge not a right.
Breakfast; the most importent drink of the day.
Quote by Molsons Golden
Idontfeelathing like I said I wasn't trying to to be too much of a prick. But since you are so new to UG (three post,all in this thread) you might want to think of your chioce of words before you post.

I am not always PC myself but when you are posting on a forum that clearly states the rules on being PC, you should obey the rules or be banned.

And to Two String; UG is not just the internet, if you bothered to read the rules when joining UG you would know better than to say if you don't like it don't read it. Having the ability to post on this forum is a priviledge not a right.

Understood, but this forum is still generally open to the public. Everyone has their tolerance...some are very low, some very high. You can't please everyone all of the time. But either way, I get what you're saying.