I didn't really know where to post this, but anyway, I'm in a band, and we have a couple of original tunes, as well as a few covers that we recorded, and posted on reverbnation.com . But the other guitarist keeps going on about how it's illegal to post covers on the internet. I asked him why, and he sent me this statement from the website's Terms and Conditions page:

By Publishing Content (except your audio or music files that you allows others to download and copy) to any part of the Web Site, you automatically grant to the Company, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant to the Company, a non-exclusive, transferable, fully-paid, worldwide license (with the rights to sublicense) to use, copy, perform, display, reformat, translate, excerpt (in whole or in part) and distribute such Content and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such Content, and to grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing.

I'm pretty sure he's wrong, but does any one know for sure whether or not it's illegal?
it shouldn't be illegal so long as you give credit for the song. some websites however do not allow cover songs.
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
The Special Ed kid of the bass militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join

Quote by fourstringpunk
She looks like an STD vending machine.
I think it's legal so long as you're not making any money off it.
Death to Ovation haters!
wtf, why did I get reported. And I'm not really sure about that statement, can anyone interpret it for me?
Well if it's able to be downloaded, techinically the answer is yes. Just like how recording, label artists still have to make an agreement with an artist as to cover their song for an album.
Logos and websites for low prices - pm me

Quote by SideshowRaven24
wow dude way to think innovative. nice plan.
Quote by icon_player_5
that would be awesome if you saw it all the way through, good imagination

Fender Telecaster
60s Epi-Acoustic
Fender Pro-Junior
Boss BD-2
Quote by Slash 602
wtf, why did I get reported. And I'm not really sure about that statement, can anyone interpret it for me?

You didn't get reported. The reported post has already been deleted.
Death to Ovation haters!
Plus, if posting covers online were illegal, then the entire Cover Songs forum would be illegal, wouldn't it?
i dont know why it would be illegal if its not the real band. if you want to cover one of their songs, then you should be allowed to post it.
It's legal as long as no one makes money off of it.
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
Were those spoilers real? Thanks asshole.
--"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."--
what makes someone want to post a spoiler? just so they can ruin a big event for someone else? just to be an asshole? do they think its funny?

anyway its legal if its not sold i think