Hey every1. here is the deal. i dropped a seymour duncan invader into my 06 american deluxe stratocaster. i set it all up. and plug it in. and its sooooooo incredibly nasaly. i mean really nasaly. this isnt wat i expected from an invader. is this just how the invader is and i need to pick something else? or do yall think i made a mistake in the install. i wish there was more i could do to describe it. just very trebely and nasaly.
Yeah the Invader is probably one of the crappiest pickups Ive ever heard. Its all the pickup, I would get a different one.

What kind of sound do you want? And PLEASE dont say A7X!
ya see i heard great things about it. not gonna lie man i like blink 182. dnt hate. hhaha thast why i got it. my main guitar is an 04 PRS singlecut. and i figured hell tom delonge put an invader in his strat. may as well try it. i mean it seriously sounds like there is something wrong. is it really THAT bad. i mean could a super nasaly sound be caused by a wiring problem.
damn... payed all that money.. and its a peice of ****. life sucks huh hahaha
Yeah I dont think its a wiring problem. What kind of amp are you using? If you have a PRS you should have a nice amp to play it through! lol
hahahaha.......... yeah well not so much..... i was playin it through a spider II........ crap amp. but im broke. the PRS was a gift. greatest gift ever. its not one of those cheap SEs either.
Can't you take it back? The stock PRS pickups are fine, the amp is the problem. The Invader always has and always will be garbage.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by gman03
hahahaha.......... yeah well not so much..... i was playin it through a spider II........ crap amp. but im broke. the PRS was a gift. greatest gift ever. its not one of those cheap SEs either.

lol WOW nice gift! My dad gave me his 40th Anniversary USA made Strat back when I first started and I thought THAT was an awesome gift! lol

ANYWAYS, yeah I wouldnt mess with whats on a PRS already unless theres pro gear in the mix. A PRS will still sound like ass through a crappy amp.

I would take back the Invader and just put the stock pickup in there for now. And when you get a nice enough amp you can change pickups.
i would wait a looong time and upgrade your amp before your pickup- it takes most of the tone
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
hahaha yall gotta read it again. i would NEVER change the pickups in the PRS. i love that guitar too much to change anything or touch anything on it. the seymour is in my 60th anniversary deluxe strat. but yeah im savin up for a bad ass head right now.