Any new songs or bands in this genre?
|----------------------0--|
|----------------------0--|
|-------------------------|
|--2----------2-----------|
|-----2----4-----4-4------|
|--------0----------------|

Just a little "Spanish Sastle Magic"
Some might consider Wolfmother sort of Psychedelic. White Unicorn has a pretty psychedelic bridge in it...
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Neutral Milk Hotel
The Flaming Lips
The Apples In Stereo

and Robyn Hitchcock is still making great psychedlic albums.
Click the links to listen to the ones that haven't been mentioned, Apples In Stereo wins though.

The Features - http://www.myspace.com/thefeatures

The Shore (Beatles-like) - http://www.myspace.com/theshore

PT Walkley and the Adventures of Track Rabbit - http://www.myspace.com/trackrabbit

The Casanovas - http://www.myspace.com/thecasanovas

Airbourne - http://www.myspace.com/airbournerock
Smashing Pumpkins
Red Hot Chili Peppers with their album One Hot Minute
The Flaming Lips
Faith No More
Jane's Addiction
Queen
Muse

although they aren't new, they are great.
I'm hoping psychedelic rock hits mainstream soon!
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
It's spelt 'psychedelic'

and I consider them slight psychedelic, I meant not all their songs but some parts due have a psychedelic feel. Just because it's not obvious doesn't mean it's not there!
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
Try out Dungen. They're a Swedish psychedelic folk rock band. They're the best thing to come out of Sweden, IMO. Try the album "Ta Det Lugnt", it's a masterpiece.
Last edited by csalyer_1 at Jul 23, 2007,
Aphex Twin?
"That was it, a nick. Now happily paid for. [...] It was decided that it was so far away in time and influence that...well, you only get caught when you're successful. That's the game". Robert Plant
How about the psych-folk scene in San Fransicsco now?
Quote by Arthur Curry
It's just The Man trying to bring down us negroes.

Quote by Yakult
Just go out in a silk dressing gown and ask them if they've ever been penetrated
I would classify Of Montreal as such since they have that trippy sound to them...thus the definition of psychedelia?
Psychedelic Rock eh? That' a little hard to come by nowa'days..
But I can think of a few that are old.

Pink Floyd
The Byrd's Byrdmaniax
Phish
Dream Syndicate

Notice most of them are from the 60's

Except Dream Syndicate
Porcupine Tree. Specifically the 90's stuff, but the newer stuff takes the same influence and bring it more to a heavy rock sound.
Queens of the stone age

|-13---15-----16-15-----13----|
|---13----16---------16-------|
The Black Angels kick asss. I also enjoy BRMC. I tried getting into The Brian Jonestown Massacre but their songs never go anywhere. Just wasn't for me.
Yeah, I'm the same. The Brian Jonestown Massacre come up on a lot of 'similar artists' lists to stuff I love like BRMC and Dead Meadow but they jsut don't do it for me. Some bands are like that. You should like them, but somehow don't.
Well a lot of the BJM songs sound the same. I think some ARE the same. Just with a different lyrics and melodies. But I love Dead Meadow's crunchy, fuzzy sounding guitars. And the guitar tone on Took Out a Loan is absolutely amazing. I just love big crunchy tone. Like Wolfmother, you into them at all?
Hidria Spacefolk
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Oh I just thought of another really good band that seems to be going in a pretty Psychedelic direction, though they get a bit funky sometimes and sound a little Incubusy with like phasers and stuff too but they're really good. They're called Head Train, they're a local band (Mass.) I found on myspace.
Hella
Fantomas
Melt-Banana
Big Business
Ween (Duh)
Secret Chiefs 3
Estradasphere
Butthole Surfers
Flipper
Gwar
Guttermouth. yeah i said it, a real good vibe here.
I wouldn't consider Gwar and Butthole Surfers Psychedelic. I haven't heard the rest of them but those two definitely aren't
umm Jefferson Airplane(starship)
my gear
Cube 30
sammick strat rip off
schecter C-1 classic diamond series
Peavey JSX combo
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
A.G.E > grunge
Quote by thebrewfan
I wouldn't consider Gwar and Butthole Surfers Psychedelic. I haven't heard the rest of them but those two definitely aren't
They most definately are. If you havent heard Ween yet, you need to sell your Phish and Grateful Dead records and do this immediately. thx. mkay. i need you to come in on saturday.
There are only three that you really need to check out at the moment in my opinion.

Voice of the Seven Woods (well, he's more acid folk but that doesn't matter)
Wooden Shjips
Black Cab
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Quote by snuggleblade
They most definately are. If you havent heard Ween yet, you need to sell your Phish and Grateful Dead records and do this immediately. thx. mkay. i need you to come in on saturday.

They are most definitely not. Gwar is mock metal. The Butthole Surfers aren't either. I'll have to check out Ween though. Why would I want to sell my Phish and Grateful Dead records. They're awesome.