Has anyone ever bought a bass from Rondo Music? My boss bought a short-scale one from Rondo, and he said it's a great bass. I just want to get some other opinions.
Oh crap!
neh, i went to rondo a couple times and hated it but thats just me. i would assume the instruments are good if theyre coming from the right places. but i hated the atmosphere
My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful
I bought from there. I hate the bass. One of my biggest regrets, really. Not saying all of their stuff is crap, but the one I got has treated me poorly.
Quote by Hergiswi
I bought from there. I hate the bass. One of my biggest regrets, really. Not saying all of their stuff is crap, but the one I got has treated me poorly.

Which one did you get? I know the insanely cheap ones are crappy, because that's just a given.
Oh crap!
Yeah, it was to be expected, really. It was an SX 5-string fretless. I've managed to fix it up somewhat since I got it. I never actually looked into their expensive stuff because it was kind of a rushed decision to buy it.
If you put some money into fixing them, they're decent. They suck out of the box, but once you set it up a bit, they'll be fine.
Quote by pant weasel
Which one did you get? I know the insanely cheap ones are crappy, because that's just a given.

Not that I have much money (i really haven't I have 400 euro's on the moment which I'm gonna spend on a 5-string), but they don't have really expensive basses I have to say.

Max 500 dollars... not much: 400 euro's!

If so many people say they suck: don't buy it. I'd advise Yamaha and Ibanez to you! They play easy and can take a lot on the road! With a good amp they sound fantastic too... unfortunately my amp sucks (is a 100euro's amp, have to get a new one but first a 5-string so I can play DT and Symphony X )
A few years back they were really crap, but now they're getting a lot better. Similar quality to Squire but cheaper.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure