Page 1 of 2
Unlike those songs, if it's a beat I like, I don't mind

and rock reuses the same basic riffs all the time
Same.

I dont understand why over half the (mainstream) rap and hiphop have to feature someone. Can they not make a song on their own?
Quote by heavyairship
dying hurts

empty sig
American Rap don´t have good lyrics.
Sory my english, i'm brazilian and don´t speak english very well.
Just 'cause you can't do the Snap Yo Fingas It's better than Walk it Out, now that song is just f*cking annoying.

Perfect example of lazy, no, even better of an example of lazy than Snap Yo Fingers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njrmL1y3ul8
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
don't listen to rap,or rock,or metal,or whatever

listen to music
Quote by BrianApocalypse
They're all covers, but "Think" was actually written by Urethra Franklin.

Founder of the Offical Henry Polfave Sucks club
Quote by Sound Mind
american rap? what do u listen to? rap came from here u know

Yes, but american rap is much commercial, Brazilian Rap for exemple, have lyrics that show the reality of getto people, not cars and nude woman.
I like rap, but not pop rap.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Quote by Southern_Voodoo
"Snap Yo Fingers" by Lil Jon

"Cyclone" by Baby Bash

Same Song?
Pretty much.
I like some rap, but I can't stand when they reuse the same beat for a few songs.
Anyone else feel the same or have any other examples?

you know who is more lazy that those rappers?? you...there is plenty of great rap out there....go out and look for it, MTV is not going to show you any good rap
Quote by Atum
Yes, but american rap is much commercial, Brazilian Rap for exemple, have lyrics that show the reality of getto people, not cars and nude woman.

Second'd. Rap at its best is underground rap, not this new commercialized crap.

Like how Vanilla Ice used pretty much 80% of "Under Pressure" for "Ice, Ice, Baby". And how the former used a riff by AC/DC and got sued.

Oh, to live in a capitalistic world...

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
I don´t have vocabulary to translate braziliar rap for you, if i had i it would translate on music of Eacionais Mcs.
I like rap, but what about METALCORE?

Almost all the songs sound completely the same now and are way too predictable.
I alredy listen rap of many places, but brazilian rap is the most frightener, exemple:

See this clip call Diario de um detento(prisioner diary) of the lp Survive in hell:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=M1i-iGxUz9M

This clip are film in carandiru, the ex=biggest jail in Brazil and were happen the "Carandiru Massacre"
Quote by Soul Power
Just 'cause you can't do the Snap Yo Fingas It's better than Walk it Out, now that song is just f*cking annoying.

Perfect example of lazy, no, even better of an example of lazy than Snap Yo Fingers.

now THAT is extremely lazy!
i guess those are the basic building blocks of mainstream rap IMO
crappy beat and mumbling
Yes I am from Hawaii.

It's not really a great place to live..
..but fun if you're a tourist!
FoTB Duration: June 12, 2008 - July 12, 2008
It's good to be back guys.
Last edited by blues-guitarist at Jul 21, 2007,
Quote by blues-guitarist
you know who is more lazy that those rappers?? you...there is plenty of great rap out there....go out and look for it, MTV is not going to show you any good rap

I know, I didn't say there wasn't. Calm down. I rarely listen to the type of music in the 2 videos I posted, I just happened to hear them within the past while because of friends. No need to assume ****.
Quote by SuperRitsu
now THAT is extremely lazy!
i guess those are the basic building blocks of mainstream rap IMO
crappy beat and mumbling

You should see a drunk adults "sing" that at quencieneras! They fall outta their chairs and onto the floor just trying! My god, it's hilarious when you actually see it happen!
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Quote by Atum
I alredy listen rap of many places, but brazilian rap is the most frightener, exemple:

See this clip call Diario de um detento(prisioner diary) of the lp Survive in hell:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=M1i-iGxUz9M

This clip are film in carandiru, the ex=biggest jail in Brazil and were happen the "Carandiru Massacre"

Brazilian rap is cool...

I remember hearing some on a show called Cidade dos Homens, it's got this flow
Quote by Soul Power

well, it helps to know that it's satire would have been funnier if he was serious, but he's not...just ridiculing...the ridiculousness of reggaeton. still good though.

Quote by blackflag46
Unlike those songs, if it's a beat I like, I don't mind

and rock reuses the same basic riffs all the time

this is quite true, but most of the people on this site wouldn't be able to admit it

personally, i'm a fan of The Game and Jay Z.
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
I like:

Phobos (he oozes cool)

Misfits and AC/DC Covers + original recordings (jazz/punk, hardcore, "shredish").
http://advancederror.dmusic.com
Quote by Soul Power
It's better than Walk it Out, now that song is just f*cking annoying.

You know whats even worse than that? Ay Bay Bay or something like that. I cant stand that song. It just repeats Ay Bay Bay over and over and over. Even some of my friends who like rap said to change the song cause it was getting on their nerves.
Quote by Henry Polfave
don't listen to rap,or rock,or metal,or whatever

listen to music

if you dont like rap you should just stay out of the thread. just because u dont like a certain kind of music doesnt mean its not "music"
Quote by Cameronrobson
It's a bat, a cyclops and an owl riding a pair of bicycles. Idiot.
Quote by IUseAPurplePick
Same.

I dont understand why over half the (mainstream) rap and hiphop have to feature someone. Can they not make a song on their own?

Its more fun when you have 3 or four guys on a song to play off of. Hip hop is a social thing.

And Lil Jon is a producer, so he just makes the beats and brings in guys to rap over them.
Quote by Downfall929
if you dont like rap you should just stay out of the thread. just because u dont like a certain kind of music doesnt mean its not "music"

i think you completely missed his point...Henry Polfave, in fact, probably said the most genre-tolerant statement in the entire thread haha.
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
I like:

Phobos (he oozes cool)

Misfits and AC/DC Covers + original recordings (jazz/punk, hardcore, "shredish").
http://advancederror.dmusic.com
Quote by Doolittle
There's way better hip-hip out there, they're sorta a joke to me now.

The only thing about NWA that's a joke now is Ice Cube.
Page 1 of 2