i bought A lotus les paul and i took the strings off and the nut just fell off, what the best way i should fix it? its old either 70's or 80's. please help me
So, you busted a nut?

But yeah, just glue it. If you are too worried just take it to a shop.
no, it won't affect the tuning if you glue it back
in the way it was before. just stop busting your nuts.
Fer gods sake get a tissue and clean that mess up.....that stuff will stain.

Ps this would be a great oppourtunity to replace your nut with a bone or brass one. Both have always sounded better to me. Plus you can get it cut for superior intonation and playability.
wow...you guys r immature....i was only asking cause my friend said it would affect the tuning cause it wouldn't be mounted the same as it was new
replace the nut lol
GEAR
- Epi Les Paul Custom (emma)
- Orange Tiny Terror
- 2x12 w/greenbacks
-MXR ZW-44 Overdrivel
- MXR Phase 90
- EB Volume JR.
- Boss DD-3
Quote by gibsonsg41
wow...you guys r immature....i was only asking cause my friend said it would affect the tuning cause it wouldn't be mounted the same as it was new

You know what the sad part is, Im practically 60.
Im allowed to be immature, its how i keep my youth. I wasnt allowed to do anything immature really as a kid, not like kids nowadays. I relive my youth and have fun as a senior. trust me it kicks butt. Thats the baby boomer secret to eternal life.
Yea, Id get a new one... for kicks. Unless you really like the old one. Glue it on.... dunno with what kind of glue though. Super glue. Get a pro to cut and install a new one though
86% of the people who frequent the "Electric Guitar" forum would say that they have played guitar for under 5 years.
Just a small dab of any glue will work, the strings really hold it in place. And no, it will not affect tuning regardless of what your friend says. Just take a minute and make sure there are no pieces of glue or anything else in the way of letting the nut lay flat on the neck.

I popped the nut off an acoustic this morning and small amount of wood came with it. Had to clean that off first before resetting.

Wow, I said nut, popped, and wood in the same sentence. Giggity