hey i know i dont post a lot in here but i was looking for some ska-core bands. so if anyone has any reccomendations, please post 'em here. so long and thanks for all the shoes
Streetlight Manifesto
RX Bandits
Voodoo Glow Skulls
Suicide Machines (?)
Mad Caddies (Some of their stuff)
Catch 22
Capdown
Big D and the kids table

This is all guessing "Ska-Core" is just heavier more punk influenced ska.
catch, bid d, and streetlight are not ska core

evil empire! evil empire! evil empire!!
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
Quote by sargasm
Unique take on a Douglas Adams reference FTW

Actually thats a NOFX album...
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Morning Glory are pretty good.
NOTICE: I usually accept bribes, mostly in the form of money or alcohol. You CAN use this to your advantage if you CAN get me a bottle of rum.
Quote by Adam_Harrison9
From what I've heard of Morning Glory, they are not a ska band.

We must be listening to different Morning Glorys then. Are you listening to the one from Jersey? They are definitely a ska band with a lot of hardcore influence.
NOTICE: I usually accept bribes, mostly in the form of money or alcohol. You CAN use this to your advantage if you CAN get me a bottle of rum.
There is a difference between "ska-core" and Third Wave.

Ska-core = Death Metal/Ska/Punk/Hardcore = Leftover Crack

I don't think Streetlight Manifesto, or Operation Ivy have any death metal influence.
phropaghandi
Guitars
Gretsch corvette
Epiphone SG special

Effects
RP350
big muff pi
crybaby wah
RC-2 loop station

Amps
Spider II 15W
Bugera 333XL 212
Since when is ska influenced by death metal?
Quote by outlaw metaler
phropaghandi

They're thrash.

I've never heard of ska-core being influenced by death metal. The Might Mighty Bosstones consider themselves Ska-Core but I haven't heard any death metal influence.
Death metal and ska being the defining ingredients of ska-core sounds, well, ridiculous. I can't imagine anything sounding good coming from that mixture, but hey, something may surprise me. For now though, I'll just assume that it's stupid.

I always thought of ska-core as like a mixture of Minor Threat and a reggae band. Maybe not the best explanation, but you get where I'm coming from.
Quote by the glue man

I don't think Streetlight Manifesto, or Operation Ivy have any death metal influence.

Actually Operation Ivy was one of (if not the first) ska-core bands, they pretty much pioneered the genre.
Quote by the glue man

Neither do Leftover Crack.
Quote by Adam_Harrison9
From what I've heard of Morning Glory, they are not a ska band.

from what i have heard they make alot of ska music...
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
Leftover Crack not have death metal influence? I'm not saying they're death metal, but it's obvious they listen to it. Listen to the songs With the Sickness, I think they even have screamo souding songs.

I just think Third Wave Ska and Ska-core are different, but skacore isn't a real genre yet I guess.

EDIT: By death metal, I mean crust.
Quote by the glue man
I just think Third Wave Ska and Ska-core are different, but skacore isn't a real genre yet I guess.

That´s right one more "genre"-name you can use for one single band...but I think we can take the harder ska-bands

Including: Leftover Crack or Voodoo Glow Skulls

Excluding: The Toasters, Ska-P or Desmond Decker
Ahh...I dunno, I can't help but feel that hardcore and ska should never be mixed - especially if there are horns involved.

Though I think there are a few exceptions like Five Knuckle, who occasionally had ska moments in their songs.
Quote by Adam_Harrison9
Erm, yes they do.

I don't know what you classify as death metal, but they are most definatly not death metal. With The Sickness sounds like a song by some Nu-Metal band
Does anyone remember A Billion Ernies or whatever they were called? I'm not sure if they're around anymore.

Yeah, they were neat.
Quote by sargasm
Does anyone remember A Billion Ernies or whatever they were called? I'm not sure if they're around anymore.

Yeah, they were neat.

i downloaded a song by them a longtime ago. i think it was about jesus and it sounded like some screamo crap with a horn section.

isn't death metal bands like cannibal corpse? cause leftover crack sounds nothing like that. isn't death metal just growls and not screaming?

anyway good ska-core that hasn't been mentioned: rudiments, roller starter, antimaniax, flaming tsunamis, the foamers
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
Quote by Ska Wars
i downloaded a song by them a longtime ago. i think it was about jesus and it sounded like some screamo crap with a horn section.

They were a jesus band? Weak. I never noticed.
Quote by sargasm
They were a jesus band? Weak. I never noticed.

haha, yea. i just checked their myspace and it says "we sing about GOD and love jesus with all of our hearts."
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
Quote by Adam_Harrison9
Choking Victim and Catch 22 are my favourites. Hey Sergio is quality! And woop i'm finally unbanned.

you mean Dear Sergio?
right, here goes nothing.
Ska punk is a fusion of two genres, ska and punk (obviously), Ska-core is a subgenre of ska punk, which fuses ska with hardcore/metal. Ska-core is obviously alot more furious and alot more heavy.

Id say some ska-core bands include:
The flaming tsunamis
Random Hand
Against all authority
Some Capdown stuff (old school, their newer stuff is ****.)

I personally wouldnt say the crack rock steady bands are ska-core, but I can see why some people think they are. I dont really use ska-core as a genre as its not really a proper genre, il just label these bands as ska punk like most people do.
Streetlight Manifesto kicks ass.
I just bought EVERYTHING GOES NUMB and it is awesome!
I'm a guy who plays guitar
Quote by xstraightedgex
i can officialy say basschica you are the person i most respect on these entire forums

Quote by sargasm
There should be a country band who does Smashing Pumpkins covers called the Smashing Bumpkins.

Profile: Add me