so technically, every song ever made would have to fit in the chromatic scale right?
I would think so. Since it does contain every note, I dont see why not.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
Well... I don't think the chromatic scale can be compared to a diatonic scale... What I'm trying to say is.. uh, well you can't solo using a chromatic scale and expect it to sound well with a song in A major.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
yea but every song ever made would technically fit into it right?
Not every song ever made. Every song composed using the Western music system and equal temperment tuning would technically fit in to it, as long as there are no glissandos or pitch bends wheels that could create microtones.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Im sure that you can get an indian chromatic scale which takes you down to 1/4 tones or possibly 1/8th tones so that would cover most microtones give or take a few cents...
Quote by cakemonster91

*chuckle* A peanut. With a face.

Go to your staff paper and re-write this song a half step down so on the paper it'll be like you have a "C" just move it down to a "B#"

Know your theory, then play like you don't.

so with that is there is there any song in the world that dosent fall into that?
EQUIPMENT.
Peavey 5150
Fender Showmaster QBT
Digitech Digidelay
Yes.
Alot of world music dosent use the western system of pitch.
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
Quote by Peanut1614
Im sure that you can get an indian chromatic scale which takes you down to 1/4 tones or possibly 1/8th tones so that would cover most microtones give or take a few cents...

but if it goes up 1/8th tones then thats like impossible not to do is it not?
EQUIPMENT.
Peavey 5150
Fender Showmaster QBT
Digitech Digidelay
because a 16th tone is like almost unreconisable isent it?
EQUIPMENT.
Peavey 5150
Fender Showmaster QBT
Digitech Digidelay