Hey there Well im been thinking for a while now (its a surprise really) on which amp i should go with next right now i have a used Marshall Valvestate2000 AVT Preamp...50 watts and 4x12 cab Marshall as well 200watt's.

My next amp HEAD Im not going with the entire stack just yet but my next amp Head i know is going to be either a Randall or Mesa

At my local music store alot say the Mesa is the best amp for what im goin for (metal sound) Mesa being the best metal amp (from what i have been told) but I have allways loved the Gain and tone commin from Randall (Just from bands like Pantera, Anthrax) I won't get to try a randall tho my Local music store does not have any they would have to order.... But they have a wall full of Mesa's and i will try one soon but just want to hear from some people what one they think is a good choice

-Have a Dean ML XT Noir- Bill Lawrence L500XL in Neck
And Stock NO name Pickup In Bridge
Play allmost everything but main is - Pantera , Metallica
Have no Dis boxes yet but will have one soon.
Member #2 of the dean owners club, PM g1asseye to join.

92% of teens have moved on to rap repost this if you are one of the 8% that listen to real music

Rock IN Peace Darrell Lance Abbott \m/
come on someones gotta give me somthin to go on

92% of teens have moved on to rap repost this if you are one of the 8% that listen to real music

... I'll take Mesa for $1,800, Bob.
Mesa Dual Rec/ Mesa 4X12 cab
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
tr-2 tu-2 / EHX DMM / MXR Script Phase 90 / SMM w/ HAZR
WH-1 Whammy / 535Q Crybaby
well i got around 2 Grand to spend might be 3 grand soon

^ if thats the case start looking at Framus, Engl, Soldano as well.

and out of those two for 2k i'd take a mesa roadster or mark iv any day
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
wow...if your going to have 3000 for a head, there are so many great metal ones....framus, engl, soldano were already mentioned, but laney, bogner, vht, rivera, diamond amplification, splawn, brunetti....yes, a lot of those are harder to get, but imo better than mesa or randall, though some mesas-road king/mark iv i would put with them.
wow it is totally a toss up for me ive heard alot of great randalls and alot of great mesas
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
Used Mesa Triaxis + Carvin Tube Poweramp (or Mesa power amp if you want to spend more)

You can't beat that combo, the Triaxis contains every notable mesa tone from the last 25 years, not just another 3 channel mesa. Depending on the price of the triaxis, you could get that combo for about $1,600-$2,000

If you look into randall, Its either gotta be the MTS series or T2. All the lower end models are meh!
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Dude i think high end randalls are the f*cking sweetest heads, alittle cheaper, but if your shooting for dimebag, randall
*Guitars*

Fender Standard Strat

Ibanez DT155

Ibanez RG2EX1

*Amps*

Peavey Classic 50

*Effects*

Boss MT2 Metal Zone

Danelectro Fab Chorus

Danelectro Fab Flanger
Yes well Soldano is not the tone im looking for and those things are built for tone but for metal no... IMO

and those amps like other said are goddamn hard to get expecially were i am.
But the Randall i was looking at is the V2 I see someone said the T2 but the V2 has much more things to mod and tweak...They are both killer amps

I gonna look at others you guys said and try out a Mesa soon but still not sure the V2 to me just the look and sound clips are tempting :P

^ agreed. The Mark Iv, Roadking, triaxis(with a 2:90 power amp) and stiletto are amps that could compete with higher pirced/end amps.
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
If you go Mesa I would go Rectifer....mud, mud, and more mud. You'll like it for a little, then you'll grow out of it. Take it from me....I'm selling mine and buying a Mark IV.

If you go Mesa, try the Mark IV or Stiletto line...both GREAT amps!

As for Randall, though they may be great for the high high gain applications, I think the Mesas overall just have more tone.
actually i agree, im now regretting buying my rectifier and lookink to get a madison, randall or maybe a vh4 if i can get one cheap
damn man if u have 3 grand to spend, go buy a Soldano or a Mesa Mark IV. I have played both for hours at a time and both are just amazing heads. Both can provide u with pretty much any sound u want