I recently tried to mod my strat with a 2 volume format instead of the 1 volume 2 tone. When i did this, i ran into a few mistakes and i ended up with the bridge pick-up always on. So i wired my neck on switch to be a bridge off switch so most of it worked out ok.

For some reason my tone became less bright, which i like.

Since it was already dismantled i desided to paint it too since i got tired of the old paint job i did. I had a darker red at the bottom and then sprayed a lighter red on the top. I sanded it horizontally to sort off replicate the flame top. Its no flame top but i got a little neat effect.

I did the same with the front but i only did it on one side because i needed more paint i never got my self to buy more.
I'll finish it some day.

EDN.
Is the area where the paint is missing supposed to look relic'ed or something?

It looks like you made a mistake in painting and sanded it back to do it over again.
All my photobucket pics are dead so no links to my guitar build threads.
My Music
Quote by zeroyon
Is the area where the paint is missing supposed to look relic'ed or something?

It looks like you made a mistake in painting and sanded it back to do it over again.

No, i painted the whole side red but i didin't like it so i sanded it down. When i was in the process of sanding i ended up with that. I kinda like'd it so it just stopped sanding.
lol i love that unsanded part. nice and relic'y.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
don't finish it, that spot looks sweet man
GEAR
- Epi Les Paul Custom (emma)
- Orange Tiny Terror
- 2x12 w/greenbacks
-MXR ZW-44 Overdrivel
- MXR Phase 90
- EB Volume JR.
- Boss DD-3
ehh I dont know...It kind of looks like you sweat acid out of your arm pits and onto your guitar and it ate the paint away. But if you like it thats all that matters.
Epi Les Paul Standard
Vox AD50VT
Quote by AgresiveNapkins
ehh I dont know...It kind of looks like you sweat acid out of your arm pits and onto your guitar and it ate the paint away. But if you like it thats all that matters.

thats a very disturbing picture, well anyway like you said, as long s i'm happy with it, all is well