Can anyone tell me about this amp? I had it for about a week and took it back because at higher volumes it lost it's good sound and started getting all weird. My friend said it was speaker overdrive or something like that. Anyways does anyone know if this amp is just like that or what? Or any ways to get rid of speaker overdrive? I liked it a lot at low volume but a 2x12 played around 1-2 volume is a waste of power and I need it for band practice. I need qick responses because I may end up getting this amp by next week depending on how things go. The music store I'm going to never has anything great and it's all I can afford so it's this or nothing.
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab
Well it didn't sound all that great at high volume so I'm wondering if it was the way it sounds or am I doing something wrong.
Quote by Jearl

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
It would be better to have nothing, trust me I own it. It is not speaker distortion, it is this think called Solid state Clipping + Mud. Save your money till you can get something better. You'll thank me later.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
I'll thank you now. It was really muddy and no matter what I did I couldn't get the right sound but I figured with a good distortion or EQ pedal it might be passable. But yeah thanks now I know it really was just the amp.
Quote by Jearl

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP

I thought the same thing when I bought it, Just get a distortion pedal. That only makes it clip worse, but it does lesson the mud a bit. Much better out there. I'd dare to say an MG is better, but we all know to steer clear of those.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.