does how u hold ur pick effect how well and fast u can play? i personally hold my pik with 3(index,middle,thumb) fingers... but i always see ppl using 2
-|-\/\/()/\/_V/\/\()|_|(
=============)
Whatever is most comfortable to you is probably going to be the fastest as well. It's more about how you use the pick, not how you hold it.
Quote by The Raven
Whatever is most comfortable to you is probably going to be the fastest as well. It's more about how you use the pick, not how you hold it.

agreed, like he said, whatever feels comfortable to you man. a lot of guys usually just go with the pointer and thumb, and some go middle and thumb, theres all sorts of crazy combos out there, just depends on what you're feelin
Guitar:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Jackson DK2-L w/ Dimarzio X2N
Takamine acoustic

Bass:
Fender Precision Bass

Amp:
Marshall AVTX150H
Behringer BG412F
Marshall MG15MSII
Quote by anonymous564
does how u hold ur pick effect how well and fast u can play? i personally hold my pik with 3(index,middle,thumb) fingers... but i always see ppl using 2

I hold mine the same as you for control. I can play the speed of an intermediate player I'd say.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Don't try to change how you hold the pick. Just do what's comfortable to you. Almost EVERYONE holds it differently.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by shoted
How much pick is showing can affect your playing though.

It would affect somebody who isn't used to it. It wouldn't be a bad thing.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Ok........

The problem is that if you change how u hold ur pick, u will naturally have to slow down cuz u have to re-learn some technique... i know it sucks...

BUT!!!!!!!... if u play wit 3 fingers, u cant REALLY learn to hybrid pick (using both a pick and ur fingers at the same time- Have a look at Tommy Emanual)

There is some awesum stuff to be learnt using hybrid picking.

Also, the less pick there is exposed, the easier it will be... cuz u dont get wobbly or slippy.

Also also it has to do with what weight pick u use too. I recomend heavy if ur playing fast cuz although it takes getting used to, u dont wear down ur pick as quickly (or if ur as intense as some ppl i kno, bend the damn thing!!!)

To get maximum usage, make a "D" shape out of ur pointer, then have ur thmb parallel to the top-most knuckley part... the pick shud go in between with less than a cm exposed. i think...

Soooo many things to consider, soooo little time till insanity hits...
Guitar and Bass Basics.

CLOSED.
Co-Founder of the Jazz Guitarist Community. PM me or Zeppelin256 to join.

Come listen to Zeppelin256 and I jam over some jazz tunes! Unit 7