I got today a fender jazz five string

Its awesome

But im very not used to the b string being there. What should I do to get used to said string so as I dont keep stuffing up

Thanks!
I own:
Fender Jazz 24 (5 string) Yay! =D
Behringer BXL3000A Nay =(
Zoom B2 effects Ehh? =S

Im learning:
Bass =P

I play in:
Casual Karma
The Uno Whos
- Both uni bands

DnD nerd of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
just jam out using the B string. try using it when playing along to songs, i.e. playing stuff an octave down down on the B. and of course play music that uses low B string tuning.
LSD

"Member #5 of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Pot Smokers Association. PM AK Guitarist to join."
grab some tabs for bands who use 5-string bass. i think flea does some.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Dude, try not to thing of the 5th string as a string, but as more notes. That way, you can play many things one octave lower. You have no idea how many times you'll use a low D.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Yeah i've been playing some SOAD stuff (thats normaly in drop C) with her so very handy!

No more down tuning for meeee!
I own:
Fender Jazz 24 (5 string) Yay! =D
Behringer BXL3000A Nay =(
Zoom B2 effects Ehh? =S

Im learning:
Bass =P

I play in:
Casual Karma
The Uno Whos
- Both uni bands

DnD nerd of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
Flea plays a 5er on Funky Monks and a couple of other songs, not sure though. I was in the same boat when I got my first 5 string, just keep at it. Some RATM might do the trick as alot is in drop D and you can easily hit that not on the low B!