Yep. Pretty much what the title asks.

I'm big into zombie stuff. I don't know why, just always loved zombie flicks, books, and games. It always brings up the question in the back of your head... what would you do in that situation?

It's a real head scratcher and can sometimes become a very morbid subject when you have to factor in your family and protecting the children and all that. Ultimately it might bring up mental images of your mom or little sister being devoured by zombies. And no one really wants to think about that.

So... let's pretend you're on your own, or you family is somewhere safe and you're the only one home alone and you only have to worry about yourself in the midst of a fairly large zombie outbreak that may cover your entire state even (in which case we'll assume your family is out of the country ). Consider what you can do with what you've got or whatever nearby resources you have to survive. Or if you already have a zombie plan let's hear it.

But try to be practical, don't just say you'll hijack a helicopter and gtfo of town or you'll somehow acquire an uzi and mow down all the zombies lol. If you do at least try to be funny and provide visual aid to such exaggerations.

This way other people can let you know if your zombie plan is solid or if you're bound to end up devoured or wandering the streets in search of brains. And you'll get ideas from other peoples plans.

As for myself. I honestly don't have much of a plan. I just thought about this thread a little while before starting it (just watched Dawn of the Dead). But I suppose I'd pack up as much non perishable foods as I could and head to the hardware store. My town is really small and there aren't too many big building at all around here. The hardware is the oldest building in town but it happens to be a two story brick building so it's plenty fortified as opposed to nothing but your typical 1 story homes with windows and all that.

I don't even have a gun so I'd have to grab a bat and drive down to the hardware store (or make a run for the hardware store if the outbreak is already pretty bad and the streets are congested) which is only a few blocks away. There I'd have to lay siege and wait for more people who decided to come to the hardware store to arrive. There we'd probably look at all our collective resources (food, guns, knowledge of other places we can go) and see what we could do next. That is of course if I can even make it to the hardware store and if it's not already overrun by zombies or selfish people who won't let anyone else in. All in all my chances would be slim really. My plan is pretty poor really and is an example of the best case scenario considering what I have to work with, but for pretty much coming up with it as I type I figure that's pretty good.

So yeah. There's my initial course of action. Let's hear yours. And I can't wait to hear some from people who read the Zombie Survival Guide. That book really gets down on every aspect of surviving a zombie outbreak. It also depicts what an actual zombie would do or how they act. Generally slow mindless creatures, not these crazy agile zombies from the newer flicks lol (see running, jumping, and even acrobatic zombies in new dawn of the dead )
No one knows what it's like... to be a dustbin... in Shaftesbury... with hooligans...
Last edited by Child Of Maiden at Jul 21, 2007,
Im going to use the search button...against the zombies that is.

EDIT: What is this zombie survival guide of which thou speaketh
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
hmmm I figured I'd get a search button response but not so soon. The only other zombie plan thread I found didn't look like it went so well... despite having some legit plans most of it was people saying "Shaun of the Dead ftw! Woot!" or "I'd just have sex with my girlfriend till everything clears over" or people posting pictures of toy shotguns? lol

More than likely this thread will fall to the same fate. But I'd rather have a fresh start since I brought it up a little more seriously rather than reviving (haha reviving... totally unintentional pun) that failed thread.

EDIT: And oh yeah, the zombie survival guide is a book by Max Brooke. Pretty fun read. Here's the website.
No one knows what it's like... to be a dustbin... in Shaftesbury... with hooligans...
Last edited by Child Of Maiden at Jul 21, 2007,
Run.

That's about it, I'd just bolt it and think later.
Third out in the MOD contest '08.
Quote by Child Of Maiden
hmmm I figured I'd get a search button response but not so soon. The only other zombie plan thread I found didn't look like it went so well... despite having some legit plans most of it was people saying "Shaun of the Dead ftw! Woot!" or "I'd just have sex with my girlfriend till everything clears over" or people posting pictures of toy shotguns? lol

More than likely this thread will fall to the same fate. But I'd rather have a fresh start since I brought it up a little more seriously rather than reviving (haha reviving... totally unintentional pun) that failed thread.

EDIT: And oh yeah, the zombie survival guide is a book by Max Brooke. Pretty fun read. Here's the website.

ha, yeah, most of these threads end up like that, but its the pit, so what do you expect?

I would stock-pile a bunch of food and weapons into my attic, which has a secret entrance (no joke), and bring all of my friends over and we would hide-out in my attic until the government intervenes, or they get bored and die, or something.
Now, if they were the smart zombies that are fast, I would do the same plan, but add grenades to the list of weapons, and I would fortify my attic a little more.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
What i'd do is, Take my Cloak of Searchbar which gives +5 to my strength, couple with the sword of eternal search bar which gives +3 to my mana, and not forgetting my Helmet of the Forgotten search bar, which gives me the power to make you stfu and USE THE GOD DAMNED SEARCH BAR
mkay... sooo... I would hightail it to my high school which is like 10 blocks from my house... and bring as much food as I could and get a bat or somthin... and I would get as many people as I could with me in there, my high schol was designed by an architech who specialized in prison designs... sooo I think its fairly forified... it has 2 stories and is about half a mile long. so there is plenty of space for everyone who goes there assuming everyone in the neighbor hood doesn't go there... so ya... there are windows on the 2nd floor to open to get some ventilation in... and if everyone brought a **** load of food... we should last a while cause it has a kitchen... so high schools designed by prison architechts ftw!
Quote by bpoeoanry
go back to sleep
Waking up with boobs? Is there a visine for that.
I would turn into a zombie!

I give into peer pressure easily...I mean if the majority are zombies it must be cool!
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
This reminds me of a cheese dream my flatmate had about a zombie attack. There were explosive fridges, need I say more?
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
There are no buildings near my house that I could use as a fort, I have no gun or know how to use one. So I'd hide in my room and call the police...
Quote by RiotSquad
mom take me to the doctor i cant stop cumming in wrestling
Quote by Cameronrobson
bobby, I've got poutine in my urethra

CLICK HERE FOR FREE SEX!
I dunno...Pub?

someone had to start with the shaun of the dead references, i thought it might as well be me
I'd be f*cked, probably. The only weapons I have ready access to are a small axe(haft about a foot long) and a pickaxe, which would probably be better with the head removed. Granted, there are a few farms nearby who may have a shotgun or two, but I guess their owners have dibs on them.
I would collect up some cricket bats, power tools and spanners, and haul ass down to the undergroud bunker near the beach. The entrance is a vertical tunnel with rungs, and its only just big enough for a teenager. The room is pretty big, and I could block the entrance with rubble.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
I have a gun store near my house, I would steal a hummer, get into that store, get like 3 shotguns, uzi's, M-16, M-60, sniper riffles, amunition and kill some zombies.
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Bring a backpack, run to the sentrum of our town. Break into the grocery store, grab food supplies for campfires etc. No weapons yet, just running like a crazy guy Then break into the hunting store, grab a shotgun and shells. Then head for the forest, where I'll be able to build a camp, hunt, even fish if I get my hands on a fishing pool. From there I'd be able to help other survivors and hide at the same time.
Quote by anarchyjack
I dunno...Pub?

someone had to start with the shaun of the dead references, i thought it might as well be me

Brilliant film! I was thinking about this the other day actually cause I really love the whole zombie thing aswell.... I really don't know what I would do, there's so many ways!
All I know is that 'Dead Rising' is one of the most kick ass games ever!
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
Quote by rabidguitarist
I would collect up some cricket bats, power tools and spanners, and haul ass down to the undergroud bunker near the beach. The entrance is a vertical tunnel with rungs, and its only just big enough for a teenager. The room is pretty big, and I could block the entrance with rubble.

What about air/food/water.
I would run to my grans with my baseball bat, nick her air rifle and shotgun, and the shells (she has about 50 or so) and then make sure my gran gets into her basement, so the zombies can't get her.

I would then ring my best mate Jarad and ask him to bring his air rifle down so we could have some fun shooting zombies, and when the bullets have gone, fucking do one back to my house and get stoned in the basement.
wat.
Quote by technocheese
I would run to my grans with my baseball bat, nick her air rifle and shotgun, and the shells (she has about 50 or so) and then make sure my gran gets into her basement, so the zombies can't get her.

I would then ring my best mate Jarad and ask him to bring his air rifle down so we could have some fun shooting zombies, and when the bullets have gone, fucking do one back to my house and get stoned in the basement.

can air rifles penetrate skull bones?
Quote by anarchyjack
can air rifles penetrate skull bones?

Yes i believe so

well if it doesn't i would have a baseball bat
wat.
Quote by technocheese
Yes i believe so

well if it doesn't i would have a baseball bat

Depends on the rifle and the ammunition.

I have a BB gun that won't pierce skin despite being one of the most powerful available.
If you have sharp ammunition it may work, however the chances are slim.
mingle among them, learn their ways and breed with their women. And soon...our differences will be forgotten

thats my plan anyway
Quote by anarchyjack
mingle among them, learn their ways and breed with their women. And soon...our differences will be forgotten

thats my plan anyway

Necrophilia.
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
Un-Necrophilia actually

the muffin!
Quote by Woo!Yay!
What about air/food/water.

There several are small holes in the ceiling, (allthough it is still very solid. made of metal and concrete) so air isnt a problem.

It is near the sea, and water collects in a hole in the corner. it will be fresh from filtering in the sand.

I guess Ill have to take food with me.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
You can eat your hair and finger/toenails....I do when I'm bored.

the muffin!
Our local military base is located in a part of the island where there is only one road into. My house is located on said road. The military, in order to prevent themselves from being overwhelmed, will establish check points on that stretch of road thus defending me and the grocery store and USA video that are located close to my house (movies and food). If **** hits the fan I will head down to my boat (located around the military base, so its defended) and head down de' islands.
TEEP!!! Oiiiiiiieeeeeeeyyy!!!!!!