hi i play mostly progressive style lead guitar, could u suggest some good modestly priced guitars avilable in the uk
budget is 200-400 euro.
amp a marshall dsl combo.thx in advance
We use pounds sterling in the UK.....
Ibanez Prestige FTW

Quote by Green_Jelly
I'd like to award Kellycaster a box of cookies.
Quote by Kellycaster
We use pounds sterling in the UK.....

Exactly.

Not all guitarists/bassists in the UK know this yet, the best place to get guitars cheap is from www.thomann.de. Guitars are much cheaper in Europe and it only costs about £6 to ship them over. Result!
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
Quote by Firewind Raging
Exactly.

Not all guitarists/bassists in the UK know this yet, the best place to get guitars cheap is from www.thomann.de. Guitars are much cheaper in Europe and it only costs about £6 to ship them over. Result!

hey thx going thru the site rite now
Exactly.

Not exactly, Thomann are cheap because they're bloody massive and shift a phenomenal amount of stock, hence more buying muscle. However, they aren't cheapest for everything, for example their Ibanezes can be a tad pricey. Guitars aren't generally cheaper in mainland Europe...they tend to be more expensive.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by pearlvikasjam1
oops pardon me

No problem.

And have a look at This Website

That's got some good prices.
Ibanez Prestige FTW

Quote by Green_Jelly
I'd like to award Kellycaster a box of cookies.
Quote by pearlvikasjam1
what do u think of the cort evl series

I own 2 Corts, and I like the quality. I don't own that series though.

I own this and it is worth checking out
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Last edited by CORT noob at Jul 21, 2007,
Quote by Firewind Raging
Exactly.

^he means it, look there. I got my Danelectro DC-12 for £240 from thomann, when they cost at least £400 in stores (if they even sell them, nobody really does), so its cheaper, and you get much more choice. Over here all you can get really are fender, ibanez, epiphone, squier, and burns... thats about it..
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Quote by steven seagull
Not exactly, Thomann are cheap because they're bloody massive and shift a phenomenal amount of stock, hence more buying muscle. However, they aren't cheapest for everything, for example their Ibanezes can be a tad pricey. Guitars aren't generally cheaper in mainland Europe...they tend to be more expensive.

Well I know they aren't the cheapest for EVERYTHING, for example a lot of their Jacksons are the same price as mainland UK. But it's worth checking thomann to make sure, no? Sorry for assuming things
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
^he means it, look there. I got my Danelectro DC-12 for £240 from thomann, when they cost at least £400 in stores (if they even sell them, nobody really does), so its cheaper, and you get much more choice. Over here all you can get really are fender, ibanez, epiphone, squier, and burns... thats about it..

Over here UK, or over here Hereford?

I see loads of stuff on sale in the UK...PRS, Brian Moore, obviously Trevor Wilkinson's stuff, Minarik, ESP/LTD, Dean, Gretsch, Jackson, Eggle...Daisy Rock! The main thing is that Schecter's are pretty thin on the ground, and obviously ranges can be limited due to less overall demand over here but I've certainly never felt limited by the choice of guitars in the UK. Thomann are cheap, and cheapest for a lot of things, but not everything so it's important to shop around if you want the best price.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by steven seagull

that's true - ibanezes are cheaper at places like gak.co.uk or turnkey.co.uk (both of which are also actually stores, gak is in brighton and turnkey is the site name for soho soundhouse in london), i figured this out because the AR300 costs £441 on thomann but £350 on those two sites.

Thomann do free shipping though if you pay more than €200, which is about £133, so almost all guitars except for the crappy harley bentons, and random hofner guitars are shipped free
Rig Winter 2017:

I think a few amps are more expensive on Thomann too, stuff like the DSL401...they do, however have some great offers. I eagerly await my bi-annual "Hot Deals!" leaflet from them
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Last edited by steven seagull at Jul 21, 2007,
Quote by steven seagull
Over here UK, or over here Hereford?

i mean sort of west midlands/wiltshire/cotswolds sort of area where i've been to guitar places, i've never seen anywhere that regularly stocks anything else, except maybe lag (i think i forgot them)

edit: hehe... thomann sends me 2 hot deals leaflets for some random reason, i think it just registered in the database twice lol.
Rig Winter 2017:

^That guitar is very good for the price, I would get it!

Also on Thomanns, pickups like Dimarzio and Seymour Duncan tend to be cheaper than buying in the UK.
Quote by pearlvikasjam1
nice guitar
the m600 looks fantastic
hmm mighty mite pickups never heard of em how do they sound

Meh they're alright. The got coil split, which can be useful sometimes. But, My amp is horrible, so it makes my guitar clip whenever I play it. I need to roll the volume down to get good sounds with my amp. When I play through the Mesa Boogie at the store with it sounds awesome. I might change pickups in the future though. They are wax potted which is also a plus, hardly any noise.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Quote by Firewind Raging
Exactly.

not necessarily- for some things they're dearer than in the UK.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?