I've just got myself a Epiphone Les Paul Custom which i love, and i spent less thn i was planning to on a guitar. So with this spare money i was planning to put it towards a new amp. I'm looking to spend about £200 on the amp. I'm guessing to get a decent tube amp for tht price tht it'll have to be a practise amp around 15 watts, but i wouldn't mind hearing of some more powerful options. I like playing various types of rock and punk music such as Muse, Green Day, Feeder, Foo Fighters, G&R etc.
Yeah, the LC15R is pretty much the only one you'll get for under £200, the VC15 is better however but costs about £215.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Sounds like you'd need a good fuzz too, at least for Muse and Foo Fighters.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
You do realise if you buy a 15 watt Laney it'll render your MG redundant? You might be better off selling that and getting a 30 watt tube amp instead.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
^ +1

i'd say laney vc series. Matamp have a few very low wattage tube amps around that price too- the minimat and little rock (something like that). though they're heads, so i guess with any kind of even half-decent speaker cab, they're well over budget.

Yeah, laney vc series would be my choice.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well, if he doesn't plan on gigging huge arenas or anything, 15 watts will serve fine for bedroom practice, 30 watts is just a little too loud for just at home.

But I agree on the Laneys, of course. However the LC may be better suited to your style of music. It's more modern sounding and brighter.
I must admit that I find the description of the LC better eventhough it's cheaper. What sorta wattage would I need for a small pub gig?? as I'm wanting to get into a band sometime and tht would obviously be the starting point.
30 watts tube is plenty for a pub gig.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Does anyone know how good the LC-30 II is then??? or is there a better option for a 30 watt tube amp around the same price??? Would 15 watts be too small for a small pub gig then???
you'd need to try them, they both have their own sound. the lc30 i tried sounded like crap at high volumes, while the vc30 didn't. of course, the lc30 i tried might have been a dud. but if it's not, i'd recommend the vc30 instead, though the lc30 has a more fendery clean channel, and a more modern overdrive channel. the vc30 is more british, wee bit like a vox.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
well the lc30 is supposed to be pretty good. someone did say tht the LC30 is better for modern sounds tho, which I'm liking, i can get tht for £329 new. I'm guessing gigging with a 15watt is out of the question???
^ depends. you might be ok if you don't need pristine cleans.

you can get the vc30 for £297 on gak, if price is a deciding factor.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?