If I lay my forearmm on my guitar when strumming is that bad and is that called anchoring?
"In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen"

Hellsing Organization

i think i know what you mean, and if im thinking what your thinking i do the same thing, and i dont think its wrong because it has its own name

Made by 'The Sloganizer' ----> «The Pit - be prepared.»

Quote by imdeth

"Billy eat your broccolli!"

"Screw you mom!" *raises arms*

PHEAR MA TURRETS!!
Maybe this is better I will lay my forearm on my guitar pretty much all the time;for resting, strength,etc and when I strum I leave it there. I can strum without it, but its more comfortable to leave it there.
"In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen"

Hellsing Organization

There is seriously nothing wrong with anchoring if you move your elbow when you reach the high strings, don't worry about it.

And yes, I played unanchored for a few weeks and I didn't see any progress. If anything it was more effort than needed, especially because your hand is a lot heavier if its free floating. Unanchoring only really helps with SOME sweeps, if they have to be lightning fast and sound like 1 big note.