Page 2 of 46
Bringing It All Back Home is the ultimate Dylan album. I saw him in Portland man what a show (and I could not understand him half the time)
When I saw Dylan live it was a great show but you could tell he was into the crowd so that might have something to do with it. Bring It All Back Home is the ultimate Dylan Album IMO. You got Gates Of Eden, It's Alright Ma, She Belongs To Me, Live Minus Zero/No Limit not one bad track on it
Quote by beatleslova
Anyways, what do you guys think of His new album, Modern Times ?

I think that Modern Times is a really great album, to be honest.

However, with that being said, I must admit that I prefer the early Dylan (Bob Dylan, The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan, et cetera) to the later, but I really have no complaints about his latest release whatsoever.

I think that this album shows that Dylan isn't only able to write great lyrics, but great music as well; some of the tracks from the album are simply great musically.

As I stated, I prefer early Bob Dylan, but this album definitely does a great job of showing that even after so many years he still has it.
Ballad Of A Thin Man has been stuck on my mind the last couple of days. Freaking mental song.

"Do yooou, Mr Jones?"

Amazing.
anybody watch that video on you tube of him playing mr tamborine man? where he asks for the harmonica.
Something about that just makes me think its one of the greatest performances ever.
A new Dylan DVD's just been announced of footage from the Newport festivals '63 to '65, if anyone's interested.

Out October.
Rolling Thunder Review. Awesome.

In fact- Bob all the time awesome. I reckon as guitarists y'all will be interested in http://dylanchords.info/

EDIT: Check the version of Isis in my sig- it rocks! "If you want me to- YES!"
Quote by aaron13
well i get on the net and chat with hot chicks alot.
most of them want to see me naked.. and they are over 18..
Last edited by Hobolad at Aug 10, 2007,
Quote by Bluesbreaker7
A new Dylan DVD's just been announced of footage from the Newport festivals '63 to '65, if anyone's interested.

Out October.

I am interested. Should be awesome. I love early Dylan.
Absolutely LOVE dylan. Got all his studio albums, I remember the first time I ever heard "Don't Think Twice It's Alright", put it on from my dads record cos I thought his hair looked the same as myn when I was about 6, and since then been obsessed.

I think his most underrated songs are When The Ship Comes In (I think that's possibly the greatest folk song ever written) and Most of the Time from Oh Mercy, such a great bit of producing that was.

I've kind of sculpted my singing voice around his and taken alot of influence from him as a songwriter as well although I try to keep my own style.
Quote by Guns 'n Roses57
the videos are deleted. what were they?

Strange...

They were two performances, Mr Tambourine Man and Ballad Of A Thin Man respectively.

EDIT: This is the Ballad Of A Thin Man video.

EDIT2: Not the whole performance, unfortunately.
Last edited by European Son at Aug 11, 2007,
Personally, I think Dylan is overrated, but I think it's amazing that he's still coming out with albums at his age (that sell too, imagine that!).
Quote by alethes1
Personally, I think Dylan is overrated, but I think it's amazing that he's still coming out with albums at his age (that sell too, imagine that!).

Yeah, after 40 years in the music buissness, he's still selling and doing quality stuff. THat in itself is just amazing. What else amazes me is his skills as a lyricist and a poet. More than his musicial skills. The way he describes things, whether it be about life or society or whatever, is just genious. The man's got a huge vocabulary...
Quote by alethes1

overrated? he's underrated! the beatles have nothing on dylan...
^Except actual singing voices rather than a croak. Dylan is on par with Lennon-McCartney duo when it comes to lyrics as far as I'm concerned.
Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Pi3h-B0y to join!

Member #17 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!

The Sinister Minister of Zeppelinism...Pm TheHeartbreaker to join.
That Isis is better than the record I reckon. RTR would have been so hot
Quote by aaron13
Have you got the double CD? It kicks *serious* ass. The '76 Isis is even better to my ears but it's never had official release.

eta:
Oh man, I love that "When I took up his offer, LAWD, I musta been mad".
Last edited by Bluesbreaker7 at Aug 14, 2007,
I haven't Can't find it anywhere in shops, gonna have to resort to begging people with credit cards to get it from Amazon for me

Is the '76 one where he has the bandana? If so his Lay, Lady, Lay from that concert is also great.

The early acoustic videos are the pinnacle of coolness. It's Alright Ma, I'm Only Bleeding live- wow!

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bjqYPH7rAo <-- Cool!
EDIT2: Has anyone posted the fantastic Tangled Up in Blue video from the Rolling Thunder Revue? Look it up- awesomeness.
Quote by aaron13
Last edited by Hobolad at Aug 14, 2007,
The live album Hard Rain is from '76. Yeah, Lay Lady Lay is great on there! There are some brilliant shows from that tour around.

Mick Ronson plays on both legs of the RTR.
Quote by Bluesbreaker7
You make me cross.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZWz-9x68uM

Now tell me he can't sing.

I love Dylan, don't get me wrong, he is the best single songwriter of the classic rock generation. And his voice definitely goes very well with his music, but he does not have a ton of range.
Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Pi3h-B0y to join!

Member #17 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!

The Sinister Minister of Zeppelinism...Pm TheHeartbreaker to join.
Quote by Blues Breaker
I guess we could use this as a thread hey.

I just watched Don't Look Back, and No Direction Home.
Good movies hey. Whatcha think.

I've got both of them and they're both pretty awesome

I liked in Don't look back when Bob was bitching at everyone in the hotel room because someone threw a glass bottle out the window
When they kick at your front door
how are you gonna come
with your hands on your head
or on the trigger of your gun
Quote by heaven's gate
hm ok, but could you recommend at least two that would be best for someone who is relatively new to dylan?

Blood on the tracks and bringing it all back home
When they kick at your front door
how are you gonna come
with your hands on your head
or on the trigger of your gun
Anyone ever wonder if dylan would have ever come about if it wasn't for woody guthrie
Quote by nexteyenate
+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

leftybassdude's opinion is superior to anyone else's

Member of The Weakerthans Fan Club
PM TechnicolorBoy or maybe_I_am to join
Tickets go on sale tomorrow for a Bob Dylan concert near me... anyone seen him lately or have any idea if he's good in concert?
Please don't confront me with my failures. I had not forgotten them.
I saw him a few months ago. Growly, throaty, lots of the songs sounded similar. But he proper got into four or five of 'em (My Back Pages, It's Alright Ma-I'm only Bleeding, All Along the Watchtower, Like a Rolling Stone) and it was pretty cool.

The thing is not to go into the concert expecting to see a ten foot tall demigod who has a liking for speaking with the audience. Which he didn't do at all.

EDIT: Has anyone seen the '07 remix? It's... yuck. Choppy and tries too hard to be hip. Seems completely out of time, too.

http://www.dylan07.com/
Quote by aaron13
Last edited by Hobolad at Aug 17, 2007,
There is no Bob Dylan UGP group, let's do something about it.
Quote by Johnljones7443
my neew year reslosutions are not too drikn as much lol.

happy new yeeae guyas.