Just moved into a new house and theres a signal for unprotected wireless.
"Sweet!" I think, "Don't have to get internet!"
It's going good for a week or two, free surfing and whatnot, then something I didn't expect happens.
It doesn't become encrypted or anything, but any page I go to directs me to Comcast.net
No matter what site it is, automatically goes to this.
Any idea as to how to get around this (except buying my own internet)?
Originally posted by VoodooChild15
If your girlfriend's having sex at 13, she's a dirty dirty whore. And if you're having sex at 14, you're a dirty dirty...pimp.

Looking for a drummer in the Detroit, MI area
PM if interested!

MySpace
perhaps they found out and don't want to be rude about it?
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
I think its telling you to log in as a comcast person, to prove youre a customer. Lol, good thing i ave comcast!
Yeah, I have downloaded the thing that would let me log in as a Comcast customer and was going to use my mom's info (she has Comcast), but it's not even working to let me do that
If your girlfriend's having sex at 13, she's a dirty dirty whore. And if you're having sex at 14, you're a dirty dirty...pimp.

PM if interested!

MySpace
My friend used to do that, but he had no problems like that, he could do whatever he wanted.

You should just get your own internet, or learn how to become a proficient hacker. There's websites for that but I wouldnt trust them, they're probably hacking you as you ask noobish questions.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Try looking for a proxy site. I have no idea if that would help or not, but its a possiblity. Basically its a website you go to that lets you get to any other website... I usually use to it to bypass filters, but it could work for this.

Hmm, unless you can't get there at all...
lol...

my new apartment is going to be in wireless reach of the [name of building omitted] building at my college. *steals internet* *buys beer with extra money*
Looking for my India/Django.
I actually forgot about proxy sites, but I doubt those will even work.
OH! Another thing I remembered is that it uses some certificates that Yahoo! has to verify every time. Something by Verisign or something...

PM if interested!

MySpace
well, youd be lucky if thats all they did. cause leaching isnt legal, its not exactly something they can do though. it seems like they need to pay their bill.
jay walking and speeding are illegal too, but I do both anyway
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
Not as illegal as tabs or MP3s...
=P

PM if interested!

MySpace
Quote by G-Rock
Not as illegal as tabs or MP3s...
=P

Ultimate-guitar is a russian website running on russian law, not american. UG pays (has a lisence) and is authorized to distribute tabs.

In other words, UG pays the government to allow it to host tabs.
Been away, am back
Quote by Logz
Ultimate-guitar is a russian website running on russian law, not american. UG pays (has a lisence) and is authorized to distribute tabs.

I know, I know.
T'was a joke, buddy. =D

PM if interested!

MySpace
Quote by Logz

kind of crazy how the gov can get paid for someone else's hard work
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
Quote by phatsack
kind of crazy how the gov can get paid for someone else's hard work

WTF do you think income tax is?