I'm looking for song reccomendations which I can play without singing, where the song sounds full.

Like classical songs that have bass nots that ring out to make the illusion of two guitars being played, well it doesnt have to be classical but you get the idea. Also songs where you let each note ring out for as long as possible like in Benighted by Opeth.

Or just any song that sounds okay to play without any singing, percussion, bass, any other instrument. Any suggestions?
Why not sing?

I used to not sing at all, then when I tried it I found out I actually could.

Either way, You've Got Her In Your Pocket, by the White Stripes is good, it was one of the first songs I learned though, so it may be too easy for you.

Or. . .

Stairway. . .
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
well, singing and playing just isnt my strong point... I try my best but it doesnt work out, I'll get it sooner or later... but I do practice it when I get the chance, which is usually everyday, but I tend to just play one man acoustic songs... Idk why
All of Elliott Smith's songs. And if you're good enough go for Tim Reynolds; he writes some crazy s***.
i couldn't sing and play either.
Then i tried wild world from cat stevens wich is not so hard and from wich i know the lyrics very well. I personally think that its best to know the lyrics very well rather than the guitar part. For example under the bridge isn't hard either if you know the lyrics very good.
my gear:
- Caliber limited edition strat copy
- Martinez acoustic
- Ibanez GRG-170 DX
- Rp 150 by digitech
- 35 watt cool amp
- 25 watt megatone amp
- 2 straps
I'd say Good Riddance by Green Day, not too hard but sounds quite technical.
Or Swing Life Away by Rise Against.

Also since singing and guitaring at the same time isnt your strong point for practice try Come as You Are by Nirvana.

I played it in a karaoke bar on holiday and i got loads of applause.

But then again i know alot of people these days hate Nirvana so be careful.
Why do you hurt me!
You fucking disgust me!

My Gear:

Stagg G-Force Flying-V

Chantry Strat copy (love it all the same)

Jim Deacon JD28CE

Marshall MGCD15 amplifier

Behringer OD-100 Overdrive/Distortion pedal
Classical Gas, Tears In Heaven and Layla Unplugged all by Clapton are great standalone songs. im trying classical gas as we speak, its quite a challenge.
ocean-john butler
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
http://ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/t/tommy_emmanuel/livin_on_a_prayer_power_tab.htm

Try this. I like it.

Quote by RGMetalMan
Classical Gas, Tears In Heaven and Layla Unplugged all by Clapton are great standalone songs. im trying classical gas as we speak, its quite a challenge.

+1
Moonchild of Rory Gallagher Fan Club PM dazzler16 to Join

Quote by PinkIsCool
UG- The only place where a heartwarming moment can easily be turned into an act of homosexuality and incest.

Quote by shredmeiser101
ocean-john butler

+1, You dont even need to be great at fingerpicking to learn this. I suggest you learn the live version, theres a tab on UG, IMO is sounds alot better than the record version.

Over the Hills and Far Away by Led Zeppelin works pretty well without vocals. It sounds better with a 12 string, but it'll work with a reg 6 string. Though the solo...is pretty intense. I havent even got to learning it yet.

Oh, and if you want another challenge. Try Ghostship part 4 by the Fall of Troy. Its not really an acoustic song, but if you can get it to work it sounds pretty good.
hey would anyone mind taking that guitar pro version of Ocean the one with so votes and posting the GP4 version here in a zip file? cos it says i dont have the right version
Quote by RGMetalMan

Classical Gas is by Mason Williams. The main Classical Gas tab on UG says its by Clapton, yes. But I have seen the same exact tab on a different website where the creator explains a little more. He has Mason Williams as the artist. Even Wikipedia knows Mason did the song, not Clapton.
Quote by RGMetalMan
hey would anyone mind taking that guitar pro version of Ocean the one with so votes and posting the GP4 version here in a zip file? cos it says i dont have the right version

Just open the powertab in your guitar pro. It will be the same thing^^

To the creator of the thread: Ill just suggest some artists for you that you can check out on youtube. Most of their stuff is probably what youre looking for.
Don Ross
Andy Mckee
Michael Hedges
Antoine Dufour
Justin King
Kaki King
Last edited by C4ll3 at Jul 21, 2007,
Someone (not necessarily Clapton) did a full acoustic version with solos for the big band parts and its been floating around the net as "Eric Clapton - Classical Gas". Not sure who the actual artist is, but I think that's what the version is reffering to

+1 for Over the Hills and Far Away, sounds great solo. Wish you were here (Floyd) also sounds great solo, as you can do both rythem and lead pretty easily.