I looked at a gaming forum first, and i didnt get good answers, so...

Im on Oblivion (Xbox360 Version) and ive become a vampire, and i want to be cured, what do i need to do

Thanks for the help
Theres a guy in imperial city that can help.

There's a vampire in the dark brotherhood who can tell you about vampirism, and where to find the man with the cure.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
you have to do a really long quest I believe...I just loaded the game from when I wasen't a vampire yet and cured myself at the church since I the disease had not broken out yet. I wouldn't do the quest, takes too long and is pretty hard.

edit: being a vampire is pretty cool though...you have more HP and can kill people in their sleep....don't go outside during the day though :P...
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
I chose to become a vampire, the guy offered vampirism as a gift and I took it. It doesn't really have many advantages, apart from slightly higher strength and speed.

and you can't go out in daytime.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
I have the same problem. I've stopped playing because I couldn't figure it out.
Quote by rabidguitarist
I chose to become a vampire, the guy offered vampirism as a gift and I took it. It doesn't really have many advantages, apart from slightly higher strength and speed.

and you can't go out in daytime.

It's quite fun just biting people though
The thing is, both my saves (the autosave and my manual save file) will have me as a vampire
go to Arcane university, talk to romanis paolusis or somehing like that i don't remember. but he'll give u the quest where u go to skignrad and talk to the coutn who is a vampire, then go to a person who u have to give some ingredients to after kililng a vampire. thers guides on gamefaqs.com

I just want to warn you though. Make sure you save before this mission. I got a glitch from this mission where the argonian in the castle will keep saying to wait and never bring the count and so i coudln't finish the mission or the mages guild or the main quest. And I decided to delete my character and start over. So just so you don't have to go though the pain and suffering i did , make a new save file and don't overwrite it until the mission is over and ur sure that everything went according to plan.

edit heres' a link that'll help you http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Quests/Vampire_Cure
Man!! I really want this game...I have a little over $600 right now...enough for a PS3 and this cool game. I really want that Martin though....can't get tempted.
Quote by lawinnn
Man!! I really want this game...I have a little over $600 right now...enough for a PS3 and this cool game. I really want that Martin though....can't get tempted.

Get it on PC.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
thers a vid on youtube that shows exactly how to do it. but hopefully you dont have the really bad stroke of luck i had. apparently some oblivion games have really bad glitches which make that method to cure vampirism totally usless. if that happens then you have to go on xbox marketplace and buy a certain tomb or something, i cant really remember what its called. anyway if you go into that tomb and walk into a pool of water thats in there it will cure your vampirism. sorry for not specifying details, its been ages since ive played that game. just search it on youtube or google.
Get it on PC.

My computer is too crappy. I mean, a PC can't stand up to Next Gen Consoles' Graphics and speed, right??? Enlighten me.
You have to talk to a guy who tells you to talk to a guy who tells you to talk to a guy who tells you to find something which tells you to talk to a witch that tells you to get 5 grand soul jems...

Not kidding...My brother bought that game lol...It is ridiculously hard to get the soul gems, let me tell ya.
John Petrucci

The one and only god.
Quote by lawinnn
My computer is too crappy. I mean, a PC can't stand up to Next Gen Consoles' Graphics and speed, right??? Enlighten me.

With good hardware, they can do so easily. Oblivion on PC looks better than 360.(at least I think so)
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
Quote by lawinnn

PS3 screenshot.

I play oblivion on pc, between the medium and low graphics settings, and they are the same as this.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Quote by lawinnn

At the risk of adding a whole new dimension to this argument, I shall say get it on 360! Definitely .

And to the threadstarter, the cure mission is an absolute horrible pain in the arse, due to the fact that you are a vampire and also it's a hard quest anyways. The vampire aspect just makes it stupidly tedious what with all the daylight hours etc. The walkthroughs should be okay for you, but feel free to PM me if you need any help

"The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society"
Quote by King_Arthur
You have to talk to a guy who tells you to talk to a guy who tells you to talk to a guy who tells you to find something which tells you to talk to a witch that tells you to get 5 grand soul jems...

Not kidding...My brother bought that game lol...It is ridiculously hard to get the soul gems, let me tell ya.

Actually you can just buy them if you know where and how

Quote by rabidguitarist
PS3 screenshot.

*Big ass picture*

I play oblivion on pc, between the medium and low graphics settings, and they are the same as this.

Me too on high settings, and the graphics are far, far better than any console will be for at least a year or 2. Nothing beats PC in terms of technicality.
Dickless.
the reason I own an xbox is because I don't like updating my hardware and all the **** every goddam year just to play the newest games...and Oblivion looks good enough on xbox, especially with an HD tv
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
Quote by MetalMilitia212
Me too on high settings, and the graphics are far, far better than any console will be for at least a year or 2. Nothing beats PC in terms of technicality.

A real gamer doesn't worry about graphical differences in the same game

I haven't played it on PC yet, but I've seen it on the 360, and that's still nothing to scoff at. I want to see someone try and recreate Oblivion on the Famicom and see how far they get. Anyway, it's a fun game, the graphics are the least of my worries when I'm fighting through a portal to Oblivion.
Quote by Jesus Himself Christ
You know, you're one pretty cool guy, Kylster.

Please click this and critique some little ditties I done madeified myselfins!
Quote by Kylster
A real gamer doesn't worry about graphical differences in the same game

I haven't played it on PC yet, but I've seen it on the 360, and that's still nothing to scoff at. I want to see someone try and recreate Oblivion on the Famicom and see how far they get. Anyway, it's a fun game, the graphics are the least of my worries when I'm fighting through a portal to Oblivion.

It's not just graphics, I can download mods to make my character 50 feet high wielding a rocket launcher.

I shouldn't talk though, you get armored horses .
Dickless.
Quote by HuckIt
the reason I own an xbox is because I don't like updating my hardware and all the **** every goddam year just to play the newest games...and Oblivion looks good enough on xbox, especially with an HD tv

So you don't like having to update your hardware, yet you have an Xbox 360 and a HDTV?

I played Oblivion once, I got attacked by a yeti or something and died. My friend got quite annoyed with me for that .
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
OK you guys, thanks for the help, ive decided to start again, cause both my saves were messed
Quote by andyscoot
OK you guys, thanks for the help, ive decided to start again, cause both my saves were messed

Aw man, did you even try and start the quest???

Quote by HuckIt

Unless you buy a **** PC it should last you 3 years minimum being able to play most games on medium/high settings. Plus you don't need a whole new PC each time, just some more RAM and a Graphics card is usually enough to add another year or two.

Now, onto Oblivion itself. I would never recommend anybody buy it for anything other than PC, it has the WORST issues ever with just poor game design, and the PC mods are the only thing that can make it bearable (level scaling, levelling method etc), plus the custom content they add is far and beyond any of the official releases. Which I also hate Bethesda for trying to make me pay for, damn exploitational fags.

I hate Oblivion, I hate Bethesda for lying about it more. They bigged it up with all these amazing features and by the time of release all of them weren't in/ were nothing like they said (****ty AI). Plus the fact they made almost half of their customer base unable to play it with HDR because they made it for Xbox and ported it to PC rather than the other way round. I just hope they really have learned from their mistakes for Fallout 3 or they're gonna regret the uproar that will cause.
Quote by shark38j
You need a Flux Capacitor ........ Oh, wait, that's for time travel.

Quote by GiantRaven
Watch this one lads, I think he has intelligence!

Quote by unplugtheradio
or maybe he has an opinion *GASP*
Rub Icy Hot on the vampire. Problem solved.
There ain't no moral to this story at all. Anything I tell you very well could be a lie.