Poll: what wah pedal to get?
Poll Options
View poll results: what wah pedal to get?
v847
4 15%
dimebag crybaby
3 11%
slash crybaby
6 22%
steve vai II bad horsie
3 11%
fulltone clyde deluxe
5 19%
picturewah
2 7%
buddwah
0 0%
crybaby 535q
4 15%
Voters: 27.
im planning on choosing a wah pedal im not sure yet i was looking on buying a dunlop crybaby but it seems it has terrible reviews on the ultimate wah thread

so i chose this pedals from the ultimate wah thread

v847(a)
dimebag crybaby
crybaby535q
slash crybaby
steve vai bad horsie II
rmc picture wah
fulltone clyde deluxe
buddwah

listen to metallica and guns and roses and rage against the machine,red hot chilli peppers some eric clapton and some jimi hendrix so if you guys could help me decide because im leaving pretty soon to go to samash and buy one price is not a problem im going to spend up to 160 most fit that price if there's one that os much much better for 20 bucks or so i might get it
i got an original crybaby and its really good. other than the range adjustments, its pretty much the same idea as every other more expensive wah except the slash, which is also a fuzz. so, i say go for the 535Q, or the slash if you need the fuzz as well.
dst127 wrote:
Soundwash22 wrote:
Fred Durst is the Tom Green of music

No, some people actually like Tom Green.

dancesisidance wrote:
Shiroshu wrote:
I can't see Jimi approving of this.

Me neither, due to him not being alive and all.
slash wah is great, i used it to play Hendrix's national anthem and it sounded great

forgot to mention other things. it is good on both clean and od/dist and it is suited for hi-gain, since it has the od boost in it. and it has a good wah range, from nasaly sounds, to subtle "wah", to a very prominent "wah" and a lot in between.
Quote by SOADrox429
'Bring me the still-beating heart of a newborn child, and the world's rivers shall run red with the blood of the innocent.'

<\/> Fleshgod Apocalypse <\/>
Last edited by Imperial at Jul 21, 2007,
The Vox isn't really suited for high gain, so I would leave that one out.

I tried Dunlop, thinking there had to something to it, as basically everyone uses one. I owned both the 535Q and Dimebag crybaby for over a month each, and I returned both. All I could get was thin, nasally, and harsh tones....nothing fat and pleasant. Never going back to crybabies, unless I'm willing to try one of the custom rackmounted ones in the future.

I used to use the Morley Tremonti Power wah, and loved it, but wanted more of a "wah" sound than just a boost. I now have the Morley Bad Horsie II and I LOVE it! FAT tone, with all the wah you could ever use. Instead of altering your tone to a mess of treble like most other wahs, it keeps it exactly as it, just adds the wah.

I can't say enough about how much I love it!

The RMC Pic wah isn't a high gain wah either...the RMC Wizard wah is, but it is well over your price range, and I much prefer the auto on and off of the Morley.
to ibanez for life, i duno if you saw my thread earlier, but i got the tremonti and was wondering whether to get the BH2. Means id have to sell the tremonti obviously. I need something high gain, but can the BH2 do the classic tones such as hendrix, i know the vox is the pedal for it. But i need something high gain aswell
have the Morley Bad Horsie II and I LOVE it! FAT tone,

i heard that the morley bad horsie II has delay problems that is not very responsive
any more suggestions are appreciated gusy im going to the store todya and i need as much advice as possible maybe some wah lick to try or other kind of advice
a good wah lick... try that ending part to the solo for Enter Sandman. it sounds really cool.
dst127 wrote:
Soundwash22 wrote:
Fred Durst is the Tom Green of music

No, some people actually like Tom Green.

dancesisidance wrote:
Shiroshu wrote:
I can't see Jimi approving of this.

Me neither, due to him not being alive and all.
The Fulltone Clyde Deluxe shits all over all of them, it's a versatile wah, with it's own volume control, and 3 other different setting things. And yeah, look in the Ultimate Wah thread. The Slash wah doesn't really posess Slash's tone, it's got its own distortion, which isn't exactly what you'd call nice. it's also 18v, so it'll be hard getting an adapter. Slash himself uses rackmount Crybabies.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Last edited by rhcp_freak at Jul 21, 2007,
today i went over the store and checked some of the pedals and they did'nt had much in stock

they had the bad horsie II and the slash crybaby was out of stock and they didnt had the buddwah so i said let me see the bad horsie II

i tried it out and was pretty much clueless since this is the first guitar pedal i was buying i tried rocking back and forth i saw another pedal the snarling dog something i wasnt sure if the spring thing it had was a good thing for this kind of pedal you would press it down and take your foot of it and it would return to its original position and i tried playing with the wah to see if i could make something cool and pretty much sounded like garbage because i wasn't used to high gain wah pedals

i though i would get a sound like the axe commercial or that song no shelter by rage against the machine or maybe somthing that would sound like metallica solo

after trying it out im pretty cluelesss i dont know if the bad horsie was good or what but it was kind of weird trying to get something to sound nice and wasnt sure what was the contour thing and level knob

any advice tips,experience on first wah pedal?

any help is appreciated
Last edited by stefan1988 at Jul 21, 2007,
Actually, the picture wah CAN handle high gain.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Where's the Original Crybaby!

That thing is perfect for GNR, Metallica, and Rage Against The Machine and it can do the other pretty well (not the same tone you'd hear on their records, because they dont use crybaby's, but c'mon)
Plus you can mod the **** out of it and make it a VERY good wah.
If you dont wanna do that, I a 535Q would be a good bet