Okay I'm in the market for a new guitar. I play metal and solo stuff like Dream Theater, Megadeth, Satriani, etc. I want a fast playing guitar w/ good tone and prefferably a double locking tremolo.

So i'm looking at the Ibanez Prestige series and Jackson dinky/soloist. Which do you believe is better, and which model?

Also, I have a n00bish question: My high e string on my strat is kinda messed up as it is very hard to bend compared to the other five. I've been working on teh solo to Another Day by DT and that bend is slicing my fingers open. There pretty new strings too so, any suggestions?

Thanks.
Ibanez Prestige RG2550E - black
Fender Aerodyne Stratocaster - black
Crate RFX65
yea, i was thinking the ibanez too, but the high end jacksons kick ass. I'm not a big fan of the soloist, but dinkys are nasty. so if you're not getting a high end jackson, definately the RG1570
with the last question stretch the strings some if u havent and also if ur fingers are getting sliced open from a bend the string is probably tuned too high or ur bridge may be set up funny or u may need to play guitar more cause ur fingers havent calloused up, but to the first question probably go towards an ibanez i hav both an ibanez rg, jem, and a jackson king v and i thhink an ibanez would achieve the tone better
Byaww!!
Aye, RG Prestige without a question, Dinky's aren't the best....

But that's beside the point, because the RG's are friggin awesome.
I'd say RG, it's very difficult to do bends on a Dinky because of the long neck, and often the quality on the lower end Jacksons is not so great. If you were looking into high ends, it would be a different story.
Quote by ComeAsYouWere
I'd say RG, it's very difficult to do bends on a Dinky because of the long neck, and often the quality on the lower end Jacksons is not so great. If you were looking into high ends, it would be a different story.

False.

Get a high-end Jackson Soloist, a SL2-MAH perhaps?
Or...A musicman!!!
Gear...
Peavey 5150, Squier, Ibanez RG2EX2, Yamaha F150, Ibanez RT150, MXR noisegate
Quote by 1010011010
False.

Get a high-end Jackson Soloist, a SL2-MAH perhaps?

It's a matter of preference and string guage, I was wrong in making the string bending a statement. The Dinky I used to have was very difficult to do bends with in comparison with my LP, both stringed with 12's.
Quote by blucoldchlisalt
what series jacksons are you looking at? because that matters, lol

i agree.

Quote by ComeAsYouWere
I'd say RG, it's very difficult to do bends on a Dinky because of the long neck,

they both have the same scale length.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by ComeAsYouWere
It's a matter of preference and string guage, I was wrong in making the string bending a statement. The Dinky I used to have was very difficult to do bends with in comparison with my LP, both stringed with 12's.

That's weird, I've always found it to be the other way around.
Quote by Dave_Mc
i agree.

they both have the same scale length.

Maybe it's just the one I had...I give up...
if i had a SL3 i would tap that all night.

...literally.

theyre great guitars for tapping styles.
Quote by ComeAsYouWere
Maybe it's just the one I had...I give up...

no, it made sense that the dinky was harder to bend than your les paul, the LP does have a shorter scale length which should make bending slightly easier.

but the rg doesn't, it should feel similar to the jackson in terms of bending.

That's what i meant.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
jacksons rape ibanez rg's (equivalent models of course).

with fire.
Quote by haz_uk

with fire.

bullshit.

(a) there really is no equivalent model, the specs are too different.

(b) if there is, it's personal preference.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by haz_uk

with fire.

I love both brands and prefer Jackson, but your user title and avy give away your fanboyish tastes.
Jackson SLSMG Soloist (JB/Jazz)
Roland Micro Cube

Member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join.
I prefer the Ibanez RG Prestige line. Wait a bit though, Summer NAMM is around the corner and I'm pretty sure they are going to announce the reproduction of the Original Edge bridge on higher end RGs...Or maybe the ZR...I just know there is going to be a "defining change in the RG line" and on Ibanez forums like Jemsite, the only thing people talk about is how crappy the Edge 3 is lol.