got bored today and decided to build a new pedalboard. total cost invested was $11 and 50 minutes of time. i have been doing woodworking for a living for the last 10 years of my life, particularly cabinets and speaker enclosures, so this was a nice change.

i painted this board flat black, i know it could have looked better with a different color, but i really like the simplicity of the flat black paint. notice the lip around the edge as well.

here are the pics.

Cool, what kind of wood did u use? Effects won't "dance" on it?
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE
Quote by One Way Ticket
Two weeks ago, Yngwie Malmsteen walked up to me at a mall and gave me a bag of donuts. He told me "I don eat no focking donuts".
Quote by Jrsnyder881
looks good to me but how'd your pedals get so dusty?

i do woodwork for a living, everything gets dust on it. plus, ive been using them all for a while now without cleaning the dust off them. i cleaned them up shortly after finishing the build, they look better now.
Quote by _vampire
Cool, what kind of wood did u use? Effects won't "dance" on it?

i used mdf for it because when cut into thin strips it bends really easily, which is how i did the lip on the edge. the rubber feet on the pedals seems to stay put on it pretty well.
Quote by GeoffreySmis
its awsome but what if you get more pedals

if i get more pedals, i can always just move the other pedals closer together, or just build another.
If you get more pedals, build a second Tier!

It looks pretty good, very functional. Matte black is always the best for anything on the stage floor. But I'd recommend installing some handles to make lifting it easier. Maybe even covering the top in Velcro, and attaching strips of Velcro on the underside of the pedals to keep them from slipping around.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Quote by Will_Minus
If you get more pedals, build a second Tier!

It looks pretty good, very functional. Matte black is always the best for anything on the stage floor. But I'd recommend installing some handles to make lifting it easier. Maybe even covering the top in Velcro, and attaching strips of Velcro on the underside of the pedals to keep them from slipping around.

handles are my next plan. for keepinig the pedals from moving, i just got a big drill bit, and marked where the feet of the pedals go, and counter drilled just deep enough for the feet of the pedals to sit in. works well. for the ones that didnt have feet, i took the back plates off, drilled a hole close to each corner, and put rubber feet on the bottom of them, so they are all there very well.
That's a clever idea, but it doesn't allow much room for changing your lay out. For my pedalboard, I just used a screw about half way into the wood on each side of each pedal.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Quote by Will_Minus
That's a clever idea, but it doesn't allow much room for changing your lay out. For my pedalboard, I just used a screw about half way into the wood on each side of each pedal.

been using the same stuff for a few years now, so i dont really see it changing much in the near future. if i ever change it, i can just putty the hiles, sand, re-paint, then re-drill for my new gear.