Yet another poor soul fooled by the fact that Marshall is written on the front. Answer: no.
no.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
allow me to fix the answer - if you'd like it even if it didn't say "marshall" on the front, yes, otherwise no.

i personally never really liked the valvestates, the marshall logo nearly dragged me in though.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Quote by indie_black_std
im heartbroken....

WHAT?

The Marshall AVT's ain't good.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
^ yeah, i mean, you'll be more heartbroken if you buy one...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Hultan
But Marshall's the best **** when it comes to amps??

Today it has evolved more into an urban legend.
Quote by indie_black_std
what do you mean an urban legend?

It's based on old tales about marshall greatness.
Just like urban legends are based on old tales about other stuff.
Last edited by Guitarmike123 at Jul 21, 2007,
Originally Posted by Dave_Mc
mg halfstacks are the equivalent of going in to a showroom to buy a car, and letting the salesman talk you into making do with a wheelbarrow. For the same price as the car. o_O
Quote by indie_black_std
Originally Posted by Dave_Mc
mg halfstacks are the equivalent of going in to a showroom to buy a car, and letting the salesman talk you into making do with a wheelbarrow. For the same price as the car. o_O

Amen to that. MG's are great for a week, then the novelty begins to get old and the tone gets worse. Same with AVTs although they are on a far higher standard than the MG range. Why not just get an amp that you will be happy with for a long time?
my concern is, if you can use the search function sufficiently well to find an old obscure (yet obviously hilarious) quote of mine, why can't you use it to search to see if there is any info posted about MG's and AVT's?

I smell a multi. Or at very least a troll.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^^^^^^ loveing the slash quote there... so true!

Originally Posted by LilVikingBoy
He's Slash. If he raped my mother and shot my dog right in front of me...he would still amazing. Why, you ask?

Because he's ****ing Slash.
Quote by tunasband
So whats a good amp? What do you guys think of the Fender ones? Which ones the best out of those? And the Marshalls?

It's all down to taste.

That said:
Marshall MG's and AVTs are bad. Why? they sound awful. For the price of an MG you can get a Vox Valvetronix or Roland Cube which sounds WAY WAY better. For an AVT you can easily get a much better tube combo.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009