I know some of you may only consider them Jack Whites "other band". But these guys are really good especially live. I saw them open for Bob Dylan man what a show(and Bob was icing on the cake). If you can download their version of Nancy Sinatra's song Bang Bang, My Baby Shot Me Down do it. Bad ass thats all there is to say about it
Last edited by cakeandpiemofo at Jul 21, 2007,
I'm a fan of these guys. I like the way White and Benson work off each other, both in terms of guitar riffs and vocals. Their voices are so starkly different, yet they work so well together. Another thing that also impressed me about them was that White didn't use the band as an excuse to write some fleshed-out Stripes-esque tunes, he used the others' talents to create a completely new sound.

TS: Did you happen to see the Stripes on their Canadian tour?
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
I did see them down in Moncton on July 10th they were amazing there encore was the most orgasmic thing ever
I saw them at Reading Fest last year. Amazing live band! and I love Broken Boy Soldiers.

Can't wait for the new album.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
I did see them down in Moncton on July 10th they were amazing there encore was the most orgasmic thing ever

Good good, just checking the two of them are up to usual standard before I see them at the 02 Arena in November .
Quote by buckethead_jr
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
you saw the raconteurs open for bob dylan??

i think i'd kill to see that
i kinda like the white stripes more, but the raconteurs are awesome too!
cant wait for the new album

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
^ It is worth killing for

Quote by Love_Buzz
You were in Moncton! I was in Moncton...*hi-five*!

*returns hi- five" "I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself" was godly was it not?

anyway back to The Racontuers yes there new album which is being released this year(YAY!!!!!!!!) after The Stripes wrap up there tour. Should be awesome
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
^ It is worth killing for

*returns hi- five" "I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself" was godly was it not?

anyway back to The Racontuers yes there new album which is being released this year(YAY!!!!!!!!) after The Stripes wrap up there tour. Should be awesome

The Stripes' tour doesn't end until November, so highly unlikely there'll be a new Raconteurs album this year. I'd anticipate a Spring/Summer 2008 release.
Quote by buckethead_jr
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
In the guitar world article with Jack he said he was in the studio finishing up the new Raconteurs album before he went on the road. But hey whatever I just want it to come out
Ah ok, didn't realise they'd already recorded the material.

In that case, A late-2007 release looks possible.
Quote by buckethead_jr
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK