This will be my rig in about a months time (if everything works out):

Peavey 6505 (used, not sure if its a + or not) - should be £650 at the most
Home-made 2x12 cab with V30's - £150 including wood
ISP Decimator pedal - around £100
MXR 10 band EQ (not the kerry king one) about £100
aswell as the stuff in my sig (minus the spider thankgod )

what does everyone think for a budget of £1000

EDIT:it wont let me edit this so sorry for the double post, i might have an extra £100 - £150 and was wondering what else i could get.

i was thinking of getting another EQ and putting one through the effects loop and having one out front for solo boosts and the like.

what do you think?

again sorry for the double post

DOUBLE EDIT: I Fixed it
Last edited by littlemurph7976 at Jul 22, 2007,
i guess just try out the other amps in the £650 price range from the likes of marshall, laney, engl etc.

you can get the decimator for £85 (last time i checked) from highly strung. you might have to pay postage on top of that, but it should save you £10 odd.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Looks great, but you can do better than the Peavey for that price here.

Laney VH100R or one of the various ENGLs are more versatile and just as good for metal (although they'll be brighter than the 5150 for the most part).
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
^ yeah, i mean if you want the 5150 tone, you probably have to get a 5150, but if you just want "good" tone, you can probably get better (or at least more versatile) for cheaper.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
ive discussed alot of the options available to me with my local guitar shop guy and done alot of research into amps over the past few months. i originally wanted an engl fireball but i havent been able to try any out as of yet (the closest shop that sells them is like an hour drive. and i cant drive.) im going in to see the guy in the shop thats just got it in, its a 5150 mkII and he says its in good nick, dont know bout the tubes though. any way im going to try it tomorrow, and hopefully at the weekend i can go and try the engl. as for the laney ive tried a few of those and never really liked them too much (i even got to crank one of them up a bit cos the shop was empty haha. the GH50 i think, something like that). i mean they were ok but the 6505 i tried before was better in my opinion. i just want to try the engl before i make up my mind. but anyway thanks for your suggestions.

Quote by Dave_Mc
you can get the decimator for £85 (last time i checked) from highly strung. you might have to pay postage on top of that, but it should save you £10 odd.

thanks for that, im sure the guitar shop guy will match that price, he normally matches prices
yeah, i mean, certainly if you prefer the 5150, go with that. The fireball probably isn't too much more versatile, to be honest, just has a much better clean channel (but then it doesn't have a crunch channel like the 5150 has).

just check highly strung's website in case their prices have gone up on the decimator.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yh its still £85 squid
and as i say i will try them before i decide and let you all know how it goes
thanks alot.
no problem.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?