My band just got a spot playing a gig for people who want to hear things around the reggae ish genre. We also wanna throw in some punk rock into there, because that's our general style. We play Nirvana, Coheed and Cambria and such, as well as a few decent originals.

Could anyone list some relatively uncomplicated Reggae covers? Also, maybe some punk rock songs a reggae crowd would enjoy? A combination of the two would be ideal. Maybe even some house rockers, too. They don't have to be too easy, we've all played our instruments for at least two years.

The show is August 4th, if that helps.
Четвертый член в "Русскoй группe." PM Vindication to join.

My Gear:
Ibanez RG470

Peavey Bandit 112

Shooting for a PODxt

Forevermore

Kingston In Ruins
I haven't really heard any of their stuff, but its to my knowledge that Bad Brains played some kind of harcore punk/reggae mixup
Why not make knockin on heavens door reggae? its really simple to do so, just play on the offbeat.
Hey, thanks for all of your help, everyone! Still looking for more, but this really helps. Does anyone think that Naive by The Kooks could satisfy a reggae crowd at all?

My Gear:
Ibanez RG470

Peavey Bandit 112

Shooting for a PODxt

Forevermore

Kingston In Ruins
Devendra Banhart
Listen to his song "White Reggea Troll". I believe it would be the perfect song for what you are doing. If you are looking for a tab for the song you won't find one because his myspace is the only place you can hear the song. Also don't listen to any of his other songs expecting the same feel; he isn't one to stay within a single genera for very long.

BTW the chords for the song are very simple and consist of only a Cm and a G.
Quote by Arthur Curry
It's just The Man trying to bring down us negroes.

Quote by Yakult
Just go out in a silk dressing gown and ask them if they've ever been penetrated
Uhm... funny you'd say that, cuz I didn't make it because no on replied, it was an accident and it occured because of some technical error. When I made one thread, it said error, so i went back and everthing I typed was gone so I figure it didn't get made. I think that smug eye-roll thing kinda got owned just now. But, hey, can't blame you for doing your job :]

My Gear:
Ibanez RG470

Peavey Bandit 112

Shooting for a PODxt

Forevermore

Kingston In Ruins
One More Time by The Clash (yes, The Clash again) could work. Lots of songs by The Clash. Also, Take Warning by Operation Ivy.

If you're willing to move away from reggae into ska territory, there are a lot more songs by The Clash available, as well as about half of Operation Ivy's discography and several Rancid songs.
Last edited by werty22 at Jul 27, 2007,
hey, no worries man.

So, let's see... for our set, we chose...

Sinking Sun - original/ska-ish
Machinehead - Bush
Cmon Cmon - Von Bondies
Police and Thieves - The Clash :]
Mr. Jones - Counting Crows

So, it turns out that it's going to be a more mellow, punk-ish mix of a crowd with a hint of reggae, but thanks to all of your suggestions, i think out band may be taking a slight shift in genres. I had no idea that the clash was so great! Thank you all for your help

My Gear:
Ibanez RG470

Peavey Bandit 112

Shooting for a PODxt

Forevermore

Kingston In Ruins
Not really sure if you're still looking, but since you play Coheed, they used to play a reggae themed jam in the middle of Everything Evil. They kinda nicknamed it "We do the Killin, Them do the Buryin". It's a kickass jam, Travis used to use his talkbox in it. Granted, the rest of the song isn't too reggae, but still.
Quote by Jix_Jax
So, it turns out that it's going to be a more mellow, punk-ish mix of a crowd with a hint of reggae, but thanks to all of your suggestions, i think out band may be taking a slight shift in genres. I had no idea that the clash was so great! Thank you all for your help

In that case, a lot of stuff by on the album Life Won't Wait by Rancid will probably be great. Maybe the Specials, too.