I was looking at two guitars to buy soon. Ill probably need some time to gather together a bit more money, so it should be during the fall when I buy it. I play neo-classical stuff mostly. Symphony X, David Shankle Group, stuff like that. I also play in a neo-classical Power Metal band. I will be playing it through and ENGL Power or Fireball which I should be ordering in the next couple weeks as well.

The two I were looking at were a Caparison Horus in Scarab finish
http://guitarasylum.com/home4.htm

and a Jackson KV2 in black
http://guitarasylum.com/home4.htm

The fret number isnt too big of a deal for me. What would just a better guitar overall to own and gig with?
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
Caparison all the way. Always. My buddies horus is the greatest guitar I've EVER played. Amazing quality, amazing finish, amazing sound. You wont regret it at all.
I'm back, you douchebags.
I suggest caparison over jackson (just my personal opinion), but not the horus. They look great, but the TAT's look SUPREME!
Quote by Burpin'Worm
1fine69's car is bloody gorgeous.
Caparison definatly, you can always count on them to be of very high quality no matter which model you get.
My Gear:
Ashton AG131
Ashton GA10 (amp)
Marshall MG250DX (gasp, i know...)
Ibanez S470DXQM
EH Metal Muff
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") ... he's gaining power
Quote by Arlabester
unless its an SL-1 custom shop, the caparison all the way.

Even if it is a custom shop guitar, Itaru (founder and top luthier and only painter of Caparison) used to be a top Jackson custom shop luthier and painter.
I can only afford the Horus, and yeah If I could get the TAT i would, but I cant. So I should definitely get the Caparison?
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
Quote by One Way Ticket
Even if it is a custom shop guitar, Itaru (founder and top luthier and only painter of Caparison) used to be a top Jackson custom shop luthier and painter.

your knowladge, it burns!
Ugh I'm torn! Ive wanted the King V for sooo long...but the Caparison and its mighty aura of excellence! Has anyone here had experience with both?
Quote by tarlkea
Quote by Arlabester
your knowladge, it burns!

Fear me, in the name of Holy Thunderforce!
Last edited by One Way Ticket at Jul 23, 2007,
I have a JACKSON KV2 and even though ive never played a Callipo or whatever they called i reckon american build quality is better than japense jackson have being making guitars when cap??ilosn where being gay little babys

jackson kv2 is classic
Quote by agilbo
I have a JACKSON KV2 and even though ive never played a Callipo or whatever they called i reckon american build quality is better than japense jackson have being making guitars when cap??ilosn where being gay little babys

jackson kv2 is classic

Have you ever played a Caparison?

EDIT: stupid question sorry. I just read the start of your post. As someone previously said the guy who founded Caparison used to work in the Jacksin custom shop so you'd be getting Jackson custom shop quality.
I Watched Download 07 on the internet Because I'm A poor Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!

Dave Mustaine Kill List:
Draken
WinterMadness79
Dirge Humani
MrGuitar123
RHCP94
Coins
Magnus_Maximus
Last edited by Flemfloyd at Aug 16, 2007,
Quote by agilbo

jackson kv2 is classic

GET OFF MY UG

Caparison are class, i mean, how can they not be when their slogan translates to -

"Seeking for sounds leads to creating the great shapes!"

Diezel, Motherfucker
Quote by Sn^ke
Ferrari Or Chrysler?!??

Bad comparison or worst comparison?

Both guitars are class, if you can play test them, do so.

Personally I'd take the Caparison btw.
Last edited by Guitarislife125 at Aug 16, 2007,
Chrysler makes good cars I hear. Still in separate leagues.

The best Jackson is comparable to a standard Dellinger.

Not to say Jackson isn't amazing though. Caparison is just better, and obviously more costly.
Quote by agilbo

jackson kv2 is classic

fail
Ibanez Prestige FTW

Quote by Green_Jelly
I'd like to award Kellycaster a box of cookies.
Quote by agilbo

jackson kv2 is classic

Jacksons lowest end models arent good, Caparisons lowest end models are still great, do the math.
Also age of a company doesnt make it any better or worse, if a top Jackson Custom shop Luthier (thanks for that info One Way Ticket) makes a line of guitars it will be up to scratch with the Jackson Custom Shop.
I've played a friend's Caparison, and even though I'm not really a fan of shred/metal guitars I have to say it was fantastic. Played really nice, very well made and sounded great through his ENGL.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Jacksons lowest end models arent good, Caparisons lowest end models are still great, do the math.
Also age of a company doesnt make it any better or worse, if a top Jackson Custom shop Luthier (thanks for that info One Way Ticket) makes a line of guitars it will be up to scratch with the Jackson Custom Shop.

Look at the price of Jackson low ends and Caparison low ends though...
Quote by agilbo

jackson kv2 is classic

False.

Just because a company has been around longer doesn't mean they build superior instruments. In some cases its exactly the opposite (Gibson and PRS).

Caparison is still a small company producing something like 40 guitars a month. These guitars are personally painted and setup by the founder and head designer of Caparison (formerly worked for Jackson). More importantly he actually puts a lot of emphasis on the tone and playability of every model instead of building guitars based on their aesthetics alone and I think it really shows through in the end result.

Anyway, I own two Caparisons so if you have any questions just PM me.
ESP Custom Flying V
ESP Forest GT
Navigator N-LP-480CTM
-------------------------
ENGL Powerball
Peavey 6505
Framus Cobra
Quote by Guitarislife125
Look at the price of Jackson low ends and Caparison low ends though...

You get what you pay for.
I Watched Download 07 on the internet Because I'm A poor Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!

Dave Mustaine Kill List:
Draken
WinterMadness79
Dirge Humani
MrGuitar123
RHCP94
Coins
Magnus_Maximus
Quote by Flemfloyd
You get what you pay for.

yeah but just because one company doesnt want to make guitars for a low-budget audience doesnt instantly make them superior.

a caparison would probably be better, but the jackson would still be an awesome guitar. like getting a car with power windows and comparing that to the exact same model without power windows or something.
There's no such thing as a 'low-end' Caparison anyway. They're all made by the same people using the same methods, whether you're a regular customer or an endorsed artist. So it's more like comparing a Lamborghini to a Holden. Both companies are capable of making great cars, but I know which one I'd rather have!
ESP Custom Flying V
ESP Forest GT
Navigator N-LP-480CTM
-------------------------
ENGL Powerball
Peavey 6505
Framus Cobra