i was looking at the Digitech Whammy Pedal whch is pretty pricey. so i found out that it's used as an octave pedalas well (correct me if i'm wrong), and i was wondeng if my Boss OC-3 would be necessary if i got the whammy pedal. should i sell it?
The Whammy is a pitch shifter, the OC-3 is an octave harmonizer, they're different things.

And I'd delete your other thread.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Dimebag used them. Cool pedal, I'd like to play with one too. Your boss oc-3 isn't necessary, but could be fun to play around with the digitech wammy.
"I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal.
But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existence either.
"
-Maynard

\w/ gear-vault.com \w/
ive always wanted a whammy pedal they sound gr8 aparently the digitech is one of the best + wooo the forums are back
Some Scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe. - Frank Zappa
Quote by willtheaceofbas
wooo the forums are back

+2234652876345982736

yeah go digitec
Guitar
Lyon LI15
Epi Beast
Berhinger V-ampire LX210
Danelectro grilled cheese & t-bone

Bass:
Peavey 112
Ibanez gsr200

Saving for Bugera 333 $300 / $599 :|

Quote by Doppelgänger
Agreed. There's no point in doing anything if she looks like shit.
I've always been fond of the whammy pedal ever since I watched the making the songs(?) video on Guitar Hero 2
Failure is a far greater teacher than success.
Unified

Gear:
Schecter C-1
Peavey Classic 30
Roland Cube 30
DD-3
Ibanez WD-7
Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive
It's a very cool pedal, it does a lot more than just octaves. However it sucks a lot of tone which I guess can be fixed when recording, but it isnt very noticable in a live situation, at least it isnt for me. +1 for that.
Gear
Good Guitars
Good Pedals
Good Amps

That is all.
It's not god-awfully noticable , but when you sit down by yourself and use it, you will notice it pretty easily. I'd still recommend getting it. Just dont leave it 'on' when not in use.
Gear
Good Guitars
Good Pedals
Good Amps

That is all.
I find it only sucks tone when it's placed after your distortion. Running my Whammy in to my DS-1 sounds just fine.
I usually run my first in the chain, seems to be less noticable.
Gear
Good Guitars
Good Pedals
Good Amps

That is all.
Quote by wylde_overdrive
I find it only sucks tone when it's placed after your distortion. Running my Whammy in to my DS-1 sounds just fine.

Isn't the DS-1 a tone sucker anyways?
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra