I have a fender 25r amp and an ibanez rg 3ex1 and when i first got my amp it sounded fantastic i really liked the tone with it... now it seems like it has muddy bass and mids... ive never really played with it all the way up or over half way really... but i have accidentally kicked on my overdrive pedal while it was up and with the gain all the way up... it just sounds allot muddier than it was before any suggestions?
you could have blown the speaker or realised that the fender 25r isn't actually all that good?
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
I know it isnt the greatest amp, but for what i paid for it brand new (75$) it was a big upgrade from a little started amp that I had..... I couldnt afford a marshal or the crate I wanted at the time... ive only had the amp for 2 months or so
save up for a vox or a crate palomino or something

and yeah it is possible you screwed up the speaker, but i doubt it just from that one thing, i think you may be developing a taste for a certain tone and that amp just doesn't have it anymore??
Quote by Chad11491
save up for a vox or a crate palomino or something

and yeah it is possible you screwed up the speaker, but i doubt it just from that one thing, i think you may be developing a taste for a certain tone and that amp just doesn't have it anymore??

that could possibly be... my freind i jam with uses a wolfgang peavy on a marshall 30 watt amp... I think ive gotten used to that and a little better than i was at the start... im only about 5 months into playing it... i used to not even be able to tell the tones apart on the guitar no thats something i change every song... i think its time to move on already... well see thanks for all the input maybe ill look into a vox 30 , crate or a marshall ill have to check out GC or something