So i've been playing guitar for a bout 3 or 4 years and i'm loving it a whole lot more now that i've gone and learned theory and stuff involving the keys, scales and modes etc.

But i also love a lot of different styles of music. from hardcore stuff like the devil wears prada, to classic rock like zeppelin and skynyrd, to blues stuff like john mayer and clapton. and i've always like stuff like steve vai.

But my problem is i have two guitars that i was looking into upgrading. I have an Ibanez RG120 and a Squier Bullet. Now i was planning on upgrading one of them after i bought some pedals and stuff but i wasn't quite sure which one i could get the tones that i like out of those two guitars. Now my question is can i get all of those tones out of the ibanez or should i just save up and get a new guitar. I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place but thanks for your time!
what amp do you have? Most of your tone comes from the amp itself and it's not up to par, you're gonna get a whole lot more improvement upgrading that than by getting a new guitar.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
ohh well i have a terrible 15w practice amp.
but usually when i play like for like an audience or something i either plug in to a direct box or i use an amp thats already there. but i was deciding on buying a new amp soon anyways. Thanks for the input though i'll keep it in mind. I just was still deciding about the guitars.