im looking into buying a boss mt-2 metal zone pedal... ive been contiplating buying one for a month or so... I want the metal sounds of metallica, pantera, ratm, and some system of a down thats just a couple of the band i want to play... I cant really get the distortion i want with my amp would it be worth buying that pedal? i just like to get other peoples input before i buy things... so i figured i would ask some questions... anyones input is fine
no the boss mt-2 pedal is horrible i had one and ended up getting a metal muff, i love that thing...

the mt-2 tone is horrible and dry
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
can anyone help me out with some links for a good metal pedal..... i just want a good distorted or metalish sound... what am i going to be able to acheive with a metal muff pedal... what music would i be able to play.....
Quote by earl622
get it and mod it

if modding it would be fairly easy to do i would..... im only 5 months into all of this so I dont really know what im stepping into just yet....
You can get a Pantera sound with the mt-2 if you play around with it, forget it if you want the other sounds.
Gear
Good Guitars
Good Pedals
Good Amps

That is all.
I have one and I love it. Everyone that I know that says they hate don't use any mids. If you want it to sound good though, you need to use mids.
Go get your shovel.
Quote by guitarist_with_
You can get a Pantera sound with the mt-2 if you play around with it, forget it if you want the other sounds.

what should i look into then... i would mostly want a good metallica sound...
i recommend saving up and buying an amp that can give you what you need distortion and eq wise by itself.
well i think im looking into ditching my fender and geting a 30w marshall with the effects i think its the dsx version.... i dont want to spend over 300 on my next amp... im not sure though i think i would just rather buy a pedal though
what amp do you have anyway?

Maybe try out some other boss distortions, but try to avoid the MD-2.
Gear
Good Guitars
Good Pedals
Good Amps

That is all.
Quote by vosschs
well i think im looking into ditching my fender and geting a 30w marshall with the effects i think its the dsx version.... i dont want to spend over 300 on my next amp... im not sure though i think i would just rather buy a pedal though

I'd like to suggest you away from thta particular Marshall your looking at, also the Metal Zone.

Check out the Roland Cube 30, it will sounds miles better then the Metal Zone and the Marshall.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
i have one it rocks

RIG:
Ibanez GSA 60
Ibanez RG4EX1QM
Metal Muff
Jackson DKMGT
GK Backline 210
Vox VT50
Crate XT15R
Ibanez SR400QM
Ibanez GSR 200 bass
Crate B15 bass amp
Lots of Monster cords
Yeah, i'd go with a new amp dude. Don't get a Marshall MG. The cube is all right.
Gear
Good Guitars
Good Pedals
Good Amps

That is all.
well ive heard about everything with a different amp... ive heard yes and no for a marshall... same with a crate... ive yet to hear a no with a vox but there so damn expensive
what is your budget? mt-2 is one of the worst pedal ever made..
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

You need an amp, badly - the Fender you have isn't suited to the stuff you want to play, and also it's not very good anyway. Likewise the Marshall you've been contemplating is pretty much awful.

Decent pedals are fairly pricey, the money you'd waste on a metal zone would get you halfway to a better amp. Suck it in and save for a Cube 30.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by vosschs
im looking into buying a boss mt-2 metal zone pedal... ive been contiplating buying one for a month or so... I want the metal sounds of metallica, pantera, ratm, and some system of a down thats just a couple of the band i want to play... I cant really get the distortion i want with my amp would it be worth buying that pedal? i just like to get other peoples input before i buy things... so i figured i would ask some questions... anyones input is fine

Metal Muff

/thread
Stick a compressor in front of it and it will sound better than metal muff or any other pedals suggested here.
ENGL Screamer 50
Schecter Hellraiser FR
Boss GT-8

Quote by stef123
What's worse than eating an apple and finding a worm inside?

Being black.