I applied for a job at a dollar store in my area and I was wondering what my chances were of getting it since I'm still only 15. I'll turn 16 in January and get my drivers lisence right after. I can still get there literally at any if they need me to. I live in Wisconsin and I should be cool to work at 15 because a few of my friends do. Other than that I'd say I'm pretty qualified. I can work a cash register and stock shelves. Would you hire me.

The first poster will say no.
Quote by charlieballc
uh i googled Rosie Palm, nothing except gloves...
I think that in the States, there is an age limit where one can work the register. You'll probably be put on cleaning up/stocking up if you are hired. And if you have parental consent(because you are underage for working), then I don't see why they wouldn't hire you.

The first poster will say no.

Nope.

Wait, I just said no. Damn.
Yes, the first poster will say no. (Edit: ****.)

Relaistically, it's hard to get any job. I struggled hard to get in work myself, it certainly isn't easy if you aren't even old enough yet.

It seems everyone just falls onto a job they couldn't care less about, but you really want one for guitar stuff but can't get one.
Isn't the age limit 16 for working part/full time anyway? Not sure exactly, the laws differ in England and USA.
Quote by Paul Lambeth

Is it lame to quote yourself in your sig?
Quote by Dirge Humani
I think that in the States, there is an age limit where one can work the register. You'll probably be put on cleaning up/stocking up if you are hired. And if you have parental consent(because you are underage for working), then I don't see why they wouldn't hire you.

Nope.

Well thats cool, I can sweep floors for minimum wage. I just need some cash, and my parents are cool with it.
Quote by charlieballc
uh i googled Rosie Palm, nothing except gloves...
Quote by Alterationsgtrs
Well thats cool, I can sweep floors for minimum wage. I just need some cash, and my parents are cool with it.

Paper or leaflet delivery boy is a heck of a lot better than sweeping floors. It pays probably very similar amounts too, and you can choose your hours if you do it locally.

EDIT: IMO. Though it might pay more to sweep floors.
Quote by Paul Lambeth

Is it lame to quote yourself in your sig?
a lot of stores wont hire until your 16 becuase when your 14 and 15 you are really limited on how many hours you can work a week and how many hours you can work straight before you are required a break, i applied at a bunch of places when i was 15 and didnt get any calls untill i turned 16. a lot of places will keep your applictaion on hold and call you up when your the age they want or are in desperate need for help.
Quote by aloneinthecity
a lot of stores wont hire until your 16 becuase when your 14 and 15 you are really limited on how many hours you can work a week and how many hours you can work straight before you are required a break, i applied at a bunch of places when i was 15 and didnt get any calls untill i turned 16. a lot of places will keep your applictaion on hold and call you up when your the age they want or are in desperate need for help.

Yeah, and seeing as you can't legally drive yet they're probably going to take that into consideration for reliability purposes. Unless you have access to some stellar public transportation.

It never ceases to amaze me how many question threads we get in the Pit, because half of them make me wonder "how the hell are we supposed to know?" it's not like we work there or anything
McDonalds will hire you if you're 15, most other places are 16 though.